hey guys does anyone have any tip/advice on getting a power metal tone, would i need to buy any effects pedals?

i have a spider III 15w amp, a squire strat and a cry baby wah pedal
I doubt you'll be able to get a good power metal tone with a 15 watt spider III and a squire.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by BallerVR35
If ur guitar doesn't have humbuckers ur screwed

Not entirely true.

But TS, your amp needs to go.

Get either a nice quality tube amp, or a Roland Cube/Peavey Vyper.
Quote by DIFTWOOD
metal muff all you need

I'd elaborate on the reasons for said face palm,but I'm tired and don't feel like going on a spider III/starter guitar/distortion pedal rant right now.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut

I'd elaborate on the reasons for said face palm,but I'm tired and don't feel like going on a spider III/starter guitar/distortion pedal rant right now.

Probably cause you and I are advocates against such a combination, lolololololol. Along with many others, we dedicate our time on the UG forums to steering new or uninformed musicians away from such...

A BILLION TIMES A DAY.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Probably cause you and I are advocates against such a combination, lolololololol. Along with many others, we dedicate our time on the UG forums to steering new or uninformed musicians away from such...

A BILLION TIMES A DAY.

Yeah, every time I see a new pups thread I cringe a little because I know there's about a 60% chance that the amp and guitar are cheap beginner models and I'll have to explain why new pups wont help.I'd rather rain on some parades than have someone waste their money and end up unhappy though......I just wish there was a sticky for answering these questions so the same threads wouldn't keep popping up.

^ You know, we could always collaborate with some other uses and make such a thread?

Just a thought...
We could,I don't think one exists,at least not in EG.It seems that a lot of the questions that should be asked in GG&A get asked over here.

^ Yeah I have noticed that...

Hmmm, well let's think about it.

Would it be used? Like, I think all the threads would still pop up, regardless. We could always just redirect them there unless it's a really unique case; no?
I'd put money on them still popping up,because threads like those are the most common posts in EG.Also,you know how uppity some of the new members to this place and young guitarists can get when you tell them something they don't want to hear,there's a very real chance that the thread would turn into a giant flame war.

Yeah, maybe we should just keep continuing to address them as they pop up.

Meh, at least my post-count is rising...
scoop your mids.....

just kidding, the real solution is gonna cost some $$$ (new amp, guitar, etc)
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
MY post count shocked me earlier today.When I have free time to practice I post on UG between sessions and all of the sudden it was over 1000.

^ God I love a good scooped mids MG joke

Quote by Pr0gNut
MY post count shocked me earlier today.When I have free time to practice I post on UG between sessions and all of the sudden it was over 1000.

^ God I love a good scooped mids MG joke

Haha, you haven't even been here that long and already 1000?

Jeeze. That's crazy.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Haha, you haven't even been here that long and already 1000?

Jeeze. That's crazy.

The average is like 9 a day or so.I love these forums so when I get some free time I'm usually in EG helping people out.

Quote by BallerVR35
If ur guitar doesn't have humbuckers ur screwed

Yngwie used single coils.
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs