Page 1 of 2
Hi, I have $1300 to spend on new guitars and I was wondering how you guys would spend it. I play rock, punk, progressive, metal, alternative, garage, ska, blues, jazz, and acoustic music, although I don't own an acoustic. I was thinking about getting these 3:

Epiphone Korina Flying V (1958):
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Korina-Flying-V-1958-Electric-Guitar?sku=518235

Yamaha FG700S Acoustic
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FS700S-Folk-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518274

Fender Nashville Telecaster
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Nashville-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510067

Are these good choices? The gear I already own is listed in my profile, please see that before posting. Thanks.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
dude, you would be absolutely insane to waste $1300 on 3 different guitars when you could buy 1 incredibly sweet guitar.

trust me, it is so much more worth it. depending on how old you are I would even suggest you use that $1300 as a down payment on a $2000 guitar and pay $120 a month for 6 months afterwards.

there is NOTHING like having an INCREDIBLE guitar. these guitars you are looking at are decent and will be sweet for a bit, no doubt. however, you will be so happy if you have a God-like instrument in your hands everyday.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by JackWhite333
^ Id perfer to get a few guitars rather than just one expensive one.

Why?

Quality > quantity

EDIT:

especially after looking in your profile, you have loads of guitars already, all you really need is one truly amazing beast
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Last edited by chimpinatux at Feb 21, 2009,
wow you have a lot of nice gear only thing you want to be careful with is not splitting up the money too much- you already have a lot of guitars, you'd be better off with 2 (or even 1) more excellent guitars than 3 more mediocre ones. i'm sure you know this already, of course.

i don't think i've tried any of those particular ones, though, sorry.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
One high quality and versatile instrument beats out several low to mid-range instruments IMO.I'd go for one high end "Jack of all trades" type guitar if I were you.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

That seems like a good selection to me.

If I were you I would just get the V and one other guitar, and spend the rest on pedals.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
You should get an Electra, look them up on Ebay, very obscure and not well known.
ESP ltd KH-602, great guitar!!!!! about $1,100
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
I strongly recommend buying one awesome guitar, especially seeing as you have so many really nice ones already.
Quote by tmfiore
That seems like a good selection to me.

If I were you I would just get the V and one other guitar, and spend the rest on pedals.

lol he has a lot of pedals already though..
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
I'd sell the studio les paul and upgrade it to a les paul standard or something.

Then it fits ALL the genres.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Quote by JackWhite333
Are their any high grade guitars you reccomend then for $1300?

Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Both the white and black ones are sexy as hell.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by JackWhite333
Are their any high grade guitars you reccomend then for $1300?

A Carvin (Used or custom)
An Ibanez SV5470 (great trem and versatile pup combo)
Used PRS
A Warmoth build of your choice

Those are just a few options,be sure to look around since there are a lot of nice guitars in that price range.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

If I were to do that, I would get a orange half stack which is WAAAY above my price range now...
Quote by Skierinanutshel
have you considered getting a good british-voiced amp?

i see you have a blues deluxe, but do you want more tonal versatility from an amp? you already have plenty of good guitars.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Jesus what more could you need... I'd say save more money and get a top end guitar rather than a few more mediocre ones.
Quote by JackWhite333
If I were to do that, I would get a orange half stack which is WAAAY above my price range now...

then save up, and look for one used. rocker 30's can easily go used below your range, and a PPC212 is $500 from PGS, and that is new.
I recommend :

- Used Jackson Usa series, or Jackson SL3

- Ibanez Prestige series

- Carvin guitar
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
^ If you don't mind can you post a link to any speaker/head orange combos you would reccomend for as least money as possible?
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
^ Id perfer to get a few guitars rather than just one expensive one.

you will probably regret that later, get a good acoustic and a good electric with that budget.

if you want to keep it under 400 with the acoustic though get a seagull. Im gonna get one of those when i get the money. The yamaha is good for what you pay but you should get an acoustic that isn't all laminate with your budget.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I would get a Marshall JCM 800 or 900 head and Marshall 4x12 cab for that money. You have enough guitars. IMHO amp make the tone more than the guitar.
I'm having trouble to believe you own all the gear in your profile.

I think you're a fake....

That's just my opinion, could be incorrect.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Chetbango
I would get a Marshall JCM 800 or 900 head and Marshall 4x12 cab for that money. You have enough guitars. IMHO amp make the tone more than the guitar.

True, you can get a used head for abotu $600 and a used 1960A for about $450.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Actually, after looking at your previous threads asking for things like $200 bases, and I have $300 to spend. I'm pretty sure like 95% you don't have the gear you say you do.

But that's fine. On topic:

I'd say grab up a G&L legacy, they're great guitars for around that price, i love them. Definitely my next guitar
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
^ Well thats for bass...I don't play that instrument and I wouldnt get lessons for it, as for acoustics under $300 I just wanted one to mess with.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
^ Well thats for bass...I don't play that instrument and I wouldnt get lessons for it, as for acoustics under $300 I just wanted one to mess with.

so you own thousands of dollars of gear, yet you thought you could play guitar through your head and make sound without a cabinet?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by JackWhite333
^ The JCM head alone is $1500....

Not used they arent, the JCM2000 I played was amazing sounding though
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Alright, well I'm sorry if you actually do have all that Just kind of hard to believe
w.e
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by JackWhite333
^ Hey its ok. I get that a lot...

Holy hell I just looked at your gear and I have to agree either go with an amp or a really nice expensive/custom guitar.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
does anyone have all that gear and need opinions from us lol
ibanez rocks
Page 1 of 2