You bend, and vibrato. He's doing a very wide vibrato. It'll take some time to perfect it.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
it sounds to me like he does a little bit of a pinch harmonic and then wide vibrato, is that the sound you're getting at?
Last edited by jimRH7 at Feb 21, 2009,
He's doing pinch harmonics at the same time, jsut hit the string real hard wit a good pinch, and bend it as if you wanted to rip it from the fretboard, it's all about phrasing, try practicing only pentatonics but work your phrasing with vibrato, you'll start to learn that vibrato in a pentatonic is more expressive than most, then you'll be able to do as the guy !
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Besides doing the wide vibrato... are you sure you're not referring to the pinch harmonics he's doing (while doing the vibrato)? If so, then doing pinch harmonics is a different story from wide vibratos. There are many threads regarding them.
Make sure you're using your forearm as your rotation point, not your fingers. Practice to a metronome and with a tuner, as strange as that might sound. Try doing half-step vibrato on every click and then every 8th note.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
He doesnt use pinched harmonics. The one at 0:03 is on the high E.....is it even possible to hit them on the high E?
Yeah, but be prepared with monster output and juicing tubes.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
The best advise that I got for developing vibrato is this:
Bend the note up, as soon as you feel your finger touch the string above, go back down. When you feel your finger touch the string below, go back up. This keeps your note nice and even and in pitch. Just focus on not over doing it, (CC DeVille, Kirk Hammett).
There's my way and the wrong way.