Page 1 of 3
About a year ago, I picked up this Ibanez for $40 and a paintball gun (a Minimag for anyone interested or if you know what it is) It was my second guitar, so it had to be the second one to be modified. I started with stripping it, but then I went crazy with a belt sander and spiced up the contours a bit. So far I have this:

Updates on page 2

Huge update on page 3

Used to look like this:

Then

Shiny

Primer

Paint

Thats right. Chevy Orange.
Last edited by Dr. House at Feb 24, 2009,
lol WIN
what electronics are you going to put in it?
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
that looks awesome!
i love the orange
but tell me...what did the paintball gun have to do with it?
:P

i was getting excited, i thought you were gonna shoot the guitar with the paintball gun, or something
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.

nice...especially those contours.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
@Darkmaus: No because I use my Lab Series all the time.

@theK: I traded a paintball gun for that Ibanez.
oohhhhh, misread that
would have been cool though
XD
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.

Quote by The_Kelaninator
oohhhhh, misread that
would have been cool though
XD

yeah I did that too.

I thought he was gonna somehow build the paintball gun into the guitar...
now that would have been cool

still, liking the new paintjob!
looks sick,
i wanna do something similar when i have the money
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
what the **** is wrong with you?
you got rid of a automag?

geez you're stupid

the guitar looks great though *grumbles*
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
what the **** is wrong with you?
you got rid of a automag?

geez you're stupid

the guitar looks great though *grumbles*

Now that name looks familiar. Are you on the Special Ops forum?
Quote by Dr. House
Now that name looks familiar. Are you on the Special Ops forum?

yes :0

a brroooothheeeer!

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Dr. House
Paint can says I gotta wait 7 days for the paint to cure before clear coat. Bummer.

what's your name on SO?
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Dr. House
House of daggers. Im not on much anymore.

me either,
i got sorta bored with it, so this is my new home.

the power hungry people have chilled out, so ive slowly started coming back.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Jo Doc! Nice build you got there, loving it so far specially the color and stuff. Hope it will sound as good as it's lookin' :3

I still need to figure out what to do since i aint finding no primer anywhere here =[ And i can't order online atm >w< Or in a very long long time lol Do you know any substitution for it?
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Line6
Jo Doc! Nice build you got there, loving it so far specially the color and stuff. Hope it will sound as good as it's lookin' :3

I still need to figure out what to do since i aint finding no primer anywhere here =[ And i can't order online atm >w< Or in a very long long time lol Do you know any substitution for it?

primer?

im shocked there isnt anywhere near you, check at lowes, home depot, and different paint stores. I know they all are supposed to carry it.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

I got my paint at an Auto parts store. They got some decent paints there for spray bombs.

Im planning on dropping some Seymour Duncans in this when I'm done. Not sure what I want though. Probably SH6's. Always open for suggestions.
Quote by conor1148
primer?

im shocked there isnt anywhere near you, check at lowes, home depot, and different paint stores. I know they all are supposed to carry it.

If i had lowes, home depot or any GOOD thing that sells this kind of stuff i would be IN HEAVEN! Since i'm constantly working with wood but i always just stain the wood or leave it natural.

Dominican Republic is the sucks for some stuff =.= At least we got some BEAST paint remover lol, i just applied and left it overnight and the paint was magically gone XD.

Doc, i really don't know that much about pickups myself but i could help more if you would say what style of music your into :P

Last edited by Line6 at Feb 21, 2009,
I want use this one for stuff like Metallica, Creed, 3 Doors Down, Disturbed, and other hard rock/metal stuff.

I also have a Lab Series L9 amp.
Hmmm, nice Let's see what i can come up with using that RAWR!

You may call me crazy (Because i am lol) but this are my choices :{

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-STK-S2-Hot-Single-Coil-Guitar-Pickup-300395-i1127456.gc For middle pickup.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-SH-6-Distortion-Humbucker-Pickup-300042-i1127382.gc For bridge pup.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Lace-Alumitone-Humbucker-Size-Pickup-305419-i1167967.gc For neck pup.

Don't ask why lol, i just know that would work with what you want :P

I've always wondered about that alumitone pickup. Not sure Im ready to buy one just yet though.
Trust me on the alumitone (IT'S SOOOOOOOO WORTH IT!). I know you'll love it's cleans and and if your too lazy to switch pickups and hook it up with dist. BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *Evil Stare*

EDIT!~: This vids should help you set your mind straight :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twoSyT5mJRo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP9aLgMTiUI

If this does not makes it just scream, RAWR!~

Last edited by Line6 at Feb 21, 2009,
looking sexy doc. love the orange, its my favourite colour

you got a much better guitar for that small price than i did, my RR knock off is a piece of ****e
His name is line6.... not even going there.

Get a jb and a 59 in the bridge and neck position, then get an sd red velvet pickup in the neck.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Well Im getting a JB and a '59 for my other guitar. I dont need 2 of the same. I like diversity.
Wow. I LOVE that color.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by sesstreets
His name is line6.... not even going there.

Get a jb and a 59 in the bridge and neck position, then get an sd red velvet pickup in the neck.

Does my name even has something to do with anything? 0.o This is not the first time someone insults me just for that lol... Because he's name is Dr. House he has to be an ass and make everyone go away from him and them force them to come back and take pain meds? I don't think so =.= I got this name because i made a band some long time ago named Linea 6. There's a very deep meaning to that name for me and i decided to translate it and use it as my username here... I didn't even knew about the brand Line 6 at the time so w/e.

Doc, i love you using the alumitone on yer axe. I still need to find something to substitute for primer =.= Do you have anything in mind that i could use? I heard shellac can work but i dunno bout' it.

Wow, nice. That sure looks like it feels good :3 Nice neck ^w^

I'm located in Dominican Republic which is.... UGH =.= If i had an automotive store here i would die go to heaven and come back to build guitars like a madman lol... I'm one of the only 3 guys in town that dares to mod a guitar like this... I've seen so many crumble apart and toss their parts away and i'm in a corner screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!~~"

Now you should start getting how sucky it is lol...

This should be interesting.

Also, I wish Ibby put a Skunk in my Ibby neck.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'm loving this colour choice... Bold.

Quote by Line6
... I didn't even knew about the brand Line 6 at the time so w/e.

Even so, Line6 makes some killer gear, ignoring the Spiders... People don't judge Fender by the Bullet and Frontman sets, so why rag on a brand for their entry-level line of amps?
I love the orange. Finally, a true orange shred guitar!
Nicely done.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Looks AWESOME! Nice orange
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
mother f***er. the binding adds a nice touch.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Page 1 of 3