Not sure if this is the right place, but I have a fender "evil twin" and have heard that removing the reverb tank helps the sound out alot. Now I don't use the reverb so how hard is it to remove, how do i do it, and are there any potential problems with this.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Usually the reverb pan is just screwed somewhere inside the cabinet. And it should just have RCA connectors that can be unplugged.
-Joe
So you can just unscrew this disconnect the cables. Will this cause any problems
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
mine marshall did not work if i unplugged the cables... just so you know.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I've done it twice. On my Epi SoCal 50 and on a Fender Princeton and there was no trouble.
why would you take a reverb tank OUT? i'm trying to work out how to put one in!
Quote by hendrix4934
Not sure if this is the right place, but I have a fender "evil twin" and have heard that removing the reverb tank helps the sound out alot. Now I don't use the reverb so how hard is it to remove, how do i do it, and are there any potential problems with this.
what do these people who say it "helps the sound out a lot" tell you about how it accomplishes this? I can't imagine a benefit from removing the tank.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It makes the amp lighter so it resonates more. Duuhhh!

Defeating the circuit will certainly increase gain and often makes amps sound better, but pulling the pan out doesn't constitute defeating or removing the circuit. Many times the reverb channel will not work with the pan unplugged.
It won't matter if you remove the tank or just turn the reverb to zero, it'll still sound the same.
Not taking any online orders.
Just turn the mix knob to zero. I love to hear "I heard that...." its never first hand knowledge or second or even third. Its always my cousins - brothers - aunts - best friend read it somewhere. The internet can be a great tool but it is also can make rumor into supposed fact.