Earlier I made a thread about my Ibanez not doing as well on the distortion field
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1071038&page=1&pp=20
When I was buying the Orange, I liked how it worked with my G400, and thought that it'll be better not to buy a modelling amp because I thought I would be buying something like DS-1 in the future. That didn't happen.
Now I'm thinking of selling the Crush, which will get me about half way towards a 15 Watt Cube. I played around with a Spider, and figured a modeller would fine until I get serious, and get something like a tube combo.
So I guess my question is - is getting the Cube a good move, 'cause I'll we be stuck with it for a couple of years (but plan to stick to passive PUPs)? And bonus - will a wah pedal work fine with it, or is even that off limits?
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
I had a Roland Cube 30 as my main amp for 4 years. It served me well, I liked it alot more than most other amps in the price range. Is the 15 watt teh Micro Cube? I havn't played that one..

And wah works fine.
so you didn't like the orange? i've always wondered about those, i've played a roland and they're pretty sweet. wht type of music do you play?
I have a Roland Cube 15(the really basic model),but i would prefer the Orange. Why? Better tone. Both are reliable amps, but if you´re not getting a Micro Cube with modeling(backing tracks,tuner,effects,sounds) the Orange will be better sounding.
My friend had a wah pedal with his cube and I never heard him say it didnt work. Best to make sure for yourself first though.
Quote by brainwasher
I have a Roland Cube 15(the really basic model),but i would prefer the Orange. Why? Better tone. Both are reliable amps, but if you´re not getting a Micro Cube with modeling(backing tracks,tuner,effects,sounds) the Orange will be better sounding.

The Orange is fine, but it's a more rock kinda amp. Combined with the not so high output pickups on the Ibanez, I can't a good enough distortion. I play mainly metal, but Metallica type distortion is the low end of the scale for me, but it's pretty much the maxium of what the Orange, without the help of any stompbox can do. I'm fine with SS amps, more effects on boards, means less hassle for me, and more money towards other things.
Now I'm just torn between the Micro Cube (the small 2 Watter) or something bigger like 15W
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Get the Cube 30. It's loud enough to jam with people and it's got the modeling.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.