When I'm playing my bass, well, all of my basses, I have quite a bit of fret buzz. I screwed around a little bit trying to fix it, and I think I fixed it on the Squire (easier/cheapest to expierment on, lol) but I just want to know the easiest way to eliminate the fret buzzing.

Thank you for your imput.
My Equipment:
Guitars:
Tom DeLonge Epiphone sig.
Squire Strat

Bass:
Mark Hoppus Sig.
Fender Jazz Bass
Squire 5 string

Amps: (I live in an apartment complex)
Peavy Vyper 30 W (For the guitars)
Peavy Max 126 26 W (For the basses)
yeah, when I'm setting up my bass, I just raise the action till fretbuzz doesn't come through the amp (it's hard to recognise acoustically - sometimes fretbuzz you think you can hear acoustically won't come though and sometimes you'll think it's not that bad, plug it in and it'll sound terrible) my bass is a cheapey so that usually implys a reasonably medium action.

but it might be a good idea to do check the neck bow aswell as just turning the screws in the bridge.

also... could be technique? does the buzzing go away if you fret hard enough?

if it's very subtle you might just have the treble too high aswell - but I don't think EQing can get it of, like "real" fretbuzz...
Last edited by jimRH7 at Feb 21, 2009,
Remove the frets.
The easiest way is to roll the treble and high mids all the way down.
Last edited by jb_reborn at Feb 21, 2009,
Quote by jimRH7
yeah, when I'm setting up my bass, I just raise the action till fretbuzz doesn't come through the amp (it's hard to recognise acoustically - sometimes fretbuzz you think you can hear acoustically won't come though and sometimes you'll think it's not that bad, plug it in and it'll sound terrible) my bass is a cheapey so that usually implys a reasonably medium action.

but it might be a good idea to do check the neck bow aswell as just turning the screws in the bridge.

also... could be technique? does the buzzing go away if you fret hard enough?

if it's very subtle you might just have the treble too high aswell - but I don't think EQing can get it of, like "real" fretbuzz...

You check the neck bow by looking down the side of the neck, you adjust it with the truss rod
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
If you need a quick fix, just detune the string that's giving you a problem, take a folded up scrap of paper, and put it on the bridge/saddle between it and where the string contacts, then tune back up. If it's too high, the paper was too thick. If it still buzzes, you need a piece that's a little thicker. It won't solve the problem, but you'll be able to get by until you can get a proper setup.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Feb 21, 2009,
All right. Thanks guys.

You've all been a big help.

Thanks again.
My Equipment:
Guitars:
Tom DeLonge Epiphone sig.
Squire Strat

Bass:
Mark Hoppus Sig.
Fender Jazz Bass
Squire 5 string

Amps: (I live in an apartment complex)
Peavy Vyper 30 W (For the guitars)
Peavy Max 126 26 W (For the basses)
Send them for a professional setup, thats where my P-bass is about to head, the truss rod is abit screwed. :/
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals