Page 1 of 4
I haven't found any other threads about this sort of thing, but if there is, I apoligise.

Don't you just love England when everyone's out in the town getting drunk and later laid? Was walking home a bit ago, listening to some music (well, yngwie malmsteen is not just some music) and I look at this little KA driving down the road heading into town...I notice they stopped so I turned yngwie off (I think its my sweaty body that did it) and I see the driver open the door and he shouts at me "PRICK, ILL GET OUT OF THIS CAR AND ****ING SHANK YOU". Now im not the one to take things to heart, but this was a tad excessive don't you think? haha. Im 16, and they were in their mid 20's i'd say and there was 4 of them in the car.

So yeah im bored and have nothing else to do. Anyone else want to let me read what sort of things have occured during a saturday night such as this?
what a twat. may I be the first to recommend rape.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by moominman2
I haven't found any other threads about this sort of thing, but if there is, I apoligise.

Don't you just love England when everyone's out in the town getting drunk and later laid? Was walking home a bit ago, listening to some music (well, yngwie malmsteen is not music) and I look at this little KA driving down the road heading into town...I notice they stopped so I turned fail off (I think its my smart brain that did it) and I see the driver open the door and he shouts at me "PRICK, ILL GET OUT OF THIS CAR AND ****ING SHANK YOU". Now im not the one to take things to heart, but this was a tad excessive don't you think? haha. Im 16, and they were in their mid 20's i'd say and there was 4 of them in the car.

So yeah im bored and have nothing else to do. Anyone else want to let me read what sort of things have occured during a saturday night such as this?

Fixed
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Sounds like some drunk assholes to me. Don't take it to heart. Just be glad you're not as retarded as them
Sounds like every night of the week for me.

I though a "shank" was having a wank while having a Sh!t
Sigs Are For Pussies
Last edited by antman4 at Feb 21, 2009,
Well, i dont live in england.
and maybe thats why its only 4:16..
and im sitting here..in the pit.
Quote by antman4
Sounds like every night of the week for me.

I though a "shank" was having a wank while having a ****

I'm pretty sure that this definition also works in the aforementioned story.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by moominman2

Don't you just love England when everyone's out in the town getting drunk and later laid? Was walking home a bit ago, listening to some music (well, yngwie malmsteen is not just some music) and I look at this little KA driving down the road heading into town...I notice they stopped so I turned yngwie off (I think its my sweaty body that did it) and I see the driver open the door and he shouts at me "PRICK, ILL GET OUT OF THIS CAR AND ****ING SHANK YOU". Now im not the one to take things to heart, but this was a tad excessive don't you think? haha. Im 16, and they were in their mid 20's i'd say and there was 4 of them in the car.

awww, someones jealous.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Nope. A Shank is a small knife which is used to stab someone in their kidneys multiple times. I have a couple.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Nope. A Shank is a small knife which is used to stab someone in their kidneys multiple times. I have a couple.

I thought they were called shivs, and the action was called shanking
Run Tom. Run!!
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
What are you guys on about?

Shanking is bumsex. You should have said yes.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Don't take it to heart. They were driving a Ka. Clearly off to an orgy where the moon will bounce off their heads and arses.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
stupid chavs!!
a couple months ago me & a couple mates were walking down this backstreet & two chavs with fishing gear walked past & they got about 100/200 yards away & one shouted back "FAGGOT!!", & i didn't quite hear him, so i shouted back "what?" & he shouts "YOU'RE A F*CKIN' FAGGOT!!!" & i just said "yeah, i know!" & because you're not allowed to agree with chavs (because it's offensive to agree these days ), he shouted "YOU WANT A FIGHT?!", so i stayed calm & just said "not really, not at the minute" & then he said something like he was King Kong... that was weird & the end of my story
Quote by \Powerslave/
I thought they were called shivs, and the action was called shanking

Actually, i think that's right. Listen to him, not me.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by rabidguitarist
What are you guys on about?

Shanking is bumsex. You should have said yes.

And I half expected the "bumsex" to be a wikipedia link...
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Meh... It's been the way in Britain for years.
It's one of the main reasons I usually stay home or go to my girlfriends on Saturday nights. Most clubs don't let me in as it is and as a non-drinker it's not exactly my scene anyway.

Although if you want specific examples then I've had somebody break a bottle over the back of my head from a moving car as it drove past while I was in London once and I got stabbed in the shoulder outside my local pub by a gang of drunk idiots.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I really can't stand going out at night, I can't stand the while British custom of getting pissed and violent at every occasion and idiots like the one in your story are just too much.

I remember I fell over once late at night (infront of a car and was almost hit) and a group of 20ish year old's parked on the pavement rolled down their window's and shouted "Wouldn't have happened if ya got an 'aircut" and then possibly threw some abuse ... it was fun.
This is why, in modern Britain, you should just keep your head down and ignore everyone and everything.
It allows you to maintain your illusions that people are, at bottom, decent.
shank probly derives from shiv wich i assume was coined in american prisions and was probly adopted into uk slang in some way
Too try and clarify when chavs use the term 'shank' regardless of where the term comes from they more than likely mean stab with the knife they are pretending to conceal.

/\ there are appears to be truth in the above post.

Quote by MightyAl
This is why, in modern Britain, you should just keep your head down and ignore everyone and everything.
It allows you to maintain your illusions that people are, at bottom, decent.

Sad but true, some people just don't have limits, I was once insulted by a chav in front of my Mom, I figured there was some kind of unwritten rule about insulting family groups but apparently this guy had no standards at all.
Last edited by aaciseric at Feb 21, 2009,
ah well it happens

depends where you go

i havent had a bad experience at night, had this cool ass dude approach me once at like half 1 and we had a cool convo

all the things i have had was during the day. me and my mate were walking through town, us both lookin rather motley cruen 80s with skinnies and big backcombed hair and some chavs in a car drive past and shout emo's. now thats just offensive, if you're going to shout something shout mosher, not something as disrespectful and offensive as emo. lol

its the underage chavs who are funny.
last friday we went to the asda up in the longwell green area of bristol. well the amount of chavs hanging there was funny. my mate whos a big hockey player was started on by a chav who was like "i will stab you up blud" lol. eventhough there were likes security guards and cops there too.
stupid chavs.
Quote by hemo.
shank probly derives from shiv wich i assume was coined in american prisions and was probly adopted into uk slang in some way

It probably came via film or TV, and is used by people wanting to pretend they're well 'ard.
Quote by moominman2
this is interesting and amusing. im glad i posted this haha

Getting bottled and stabbed isn't interesting or amusing...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I was running back from the corner shop back to my house which is roughly 200 metres away, and as I was running a car full of chavs going past slowed down and drove level to me, they then preceded to wind the windows down and make incomprehensible remarks and gestures to me.

I then flicked the V's at them and they then shouted abuse at me and that awful "OHHHH YOU WHAT!?" at me due to being in shock of someone standing up to them and sped off.

Their brake lights went on roughly 20 metres in front of and I bricked it think they would beat me up, turns out they were slowing for a speed bump.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Bristol is a lovely place on a Friday/Saturday night. I'm not much good in a fight, but one of mates loves it so it can be dodgy, even in the local areas.
Quote by Callumcafc
Yeah, lovely, we got our alcohol taken off us tonight. Not fun.

Probably for the best mind you...
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Page 1 of 4