Ok. I just posted yesterday that I want a Strat and I'm planning on putting Dimarzio pickups in it. What's the difference between the older 80's and 90's Strats and the newer '00's and '08 and '09 Strats? The older ones are hundreds of dollars cheaper most of the time on ebay and I need help! Thanks guys!
the old ones apparently get better sounding as they age, but a newer strat would have newer technology/developments.
It's your preference.
Personally I'd never buy anything I don't try out first.
Are we talking mexican strats or american strats?
the quality is not nearly as good, maybe the real high end ones. plus i'm not big on all that rounded stuff, i like pointy mofo's, and every body has a strat, get something you can call your own. customize it to the sound you'd like best. but thats just me, by all means buy what you'd like, but the old strats are much better. in my opinion.
I have a 94 mim strat and it is totally different to the ones that i have tried in the stores. So personally I have a preference to older strats but thats just me
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
the neck feel the action the sound i can get out of it and that is with the stock everything. Plus the for some reason the tuning seems to be spot on I can play any chord and it sounds perfectly in tune.
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
well the new ones have that reverse polarity in the middle so you get a humbucker on the 2nd and 4th selectors. Im not 100 percent that all old ones do. If you want the best of both worlds get a fender road worn. Theyre new that play like vintage, my friends dad has one and i personally love it, but then again my strat is a squier.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by brownsfan456
If you want the best of both worlds get a fender road worn. Theyre new that play like vintage,

I like you

Also the American Vintage... especially the '62 reissue... such a nice git

The pre-CBS gits, (before 1965) are generally considered better but if you are going to mod it i'd just buy new, probably the road worn
RIP Gooze

cats