Hello. Tonight I am heading down to Guitar Center to trade in my dreaded Spider III 15 Watt for a new practice amp.

Which one is better, a Vypyr 15 or a Cube 15?

The Vypyr has a lot of effects (Most of which I don't need) and has gain knobs, yet the Cube has less effects but has distortion/overdrive models that would be easier to control.

Which one is generally better and more versatile?

*If you are going to suggest something else, keep it at $100, I don't have any more money I can spend, I need this amp asap.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by GNRjungle87
If you're going the GC tonight, just play them both and decide for yourself...

+1000

most around here seem to prefer the vypyr.. doesn't matter. use your own ears.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
One advantage of the Vypyr is that it's easy to upgrade the speaker to a 10". I did with mine and there's plenty of room in the cab. It's a great little amp. Never played the Cube.
The Cube 15 has nearly no effects. The Vypyr hands down on this one. You get more for your money.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
The Cube 15 has nearly no effects. The Vypyr hands down on this one. You get more for your money.

+1, but the Vypyr 30 is more useful IMO. It has a 12" speaker, can be updated and can be controlled by a sanpera. It also has stompboxes!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
+1, but the Vypyr 30 is more useful IMO. It has a 12" speaker, can be updated and can be controlled by a sanpera. It also has stompboxes!

The stompboxes suck, I only ever use fuzz and that is rarely, the tubescreamer sounds terrible and the Vypyr 15 has the tubescream on effects anyway.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I only use a few of them but i use them 'cause they tend to be subtler than the rack effects.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I say Vypyr, but try them before you choose anything.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

I bought the Vypyr, and love it.

Any tones you guys found on it that you want to tell me about?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.