Recorded the solo to pink floyd's comrfortably numb today.

Got a new 20" LCD display yesterday so I thought it should be christened with some cubase.

Song Is on my profile.

Hope you guys like.

C4C on constructive crits if you want my services

Questions about my gear, scales + technique, recording setup also welcome.

Enjoy!
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
freakin amazing.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
fantastic tone, what do you use? is it a straight recording or did you get it after recording? I like your slight variations on the actual solo too. the only thing i would mention is to use harmonics and sustained notes sparingly — the perfect amount sends shivers, but overusing them can make the solo drag on a bit. but trust me, that's very minor; this is a great rendition for sure. check out my version of "hurt" if you have time!
Brilliant stuff man!!Gorgeous tone! Excellent use of vibrato and pinch harmonics.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by jables23092
fantastic tone, what do you use? is it a straight recording or did you get it after recording? I like your slight variations on the actual solo too. the only thing i would mention is to use harmonics and sustained notes sparingly — the perfect amount sends shivers, but overusing them can make the solo drag on a bit. but trust me, that's very minor; this is a great rendition for sure. check out my version of "hurt" if you have time!

Its a PRS SE custom > Boss DS1 > Korg AX10g MultiFX > PCI Multimedia soundcard > Cubase SX3

All the tone was Pre-Recording including the reverb and EQ. I only used cubase for levels and panning, didn't touch a thing other than that. Proof that you don't really need fancy gear to get a half decent tone, just gotta find a sweet spot in your gear i guess.

I'll take your advice to heart.

Cheers for all the positives guys!
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Sounded badass dude. The tone was smooth as ****. Liked it check out my covers and comment
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Nice playing, I like your vibrato, it's well considered. Nice accenting too. Only thing I found the tone (haha, let's go against everyone), sounded like a DI into the computer, without any headroom, a bit tinny, and a bit lost in the mix, thought it could do with some mids to lift it out of the drums a bit. Still, nice solo
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
Nice playing, I like your vibrato, it's well considered. Nice accenting too. Only thing I found the tone (haha, let's go against everyone), sounded like a DI into the computer, without any headroom, a bit tinny, and a bit lost in the mix, thought it could do with some mids to lift it out of the drums a bit. Still, nice solo

you know what dude... It WAS a DI, thats why it sounds like one heheh

Cheers for crit anyways
Great tone and poetic licensing on the solo. Watch your bends to make sure they come into full pitch. In spots the bending is slightly under. Great overall.

After listening to the other songs in your profile, I'd say this is the best cover.
Last edited by Whiskey Tango at Mar 2, 2009,