Page 1 of 2
Ok, so my mom is into crafting and the guy at the local guitar shop gave her a bunch of picks and told her she should make some necklaces out of them and he would sell them in the shop and she gets 100% of the money back... he recommended selling them for 5$ each but i would like to know how much your willing to pay for them... Here is and EXAMPLE, its really basic and the pic is crappy quality but it will give u an idea http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/cronarct/SANY0236.jpg
I'm the noob that takes everyone as his teacher.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Thats quite a good idea, heck I'd buy one
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
$5 Seems fair enough.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
yeah but how much would u pay for one is what im asking

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
2.50$

the picks I buy are .50 cents each so I'd say 2.50 would be fair.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
I wouldn't buy one since making them is really easy.
infact i'm wearing one right now =P

but 3.95$ to 5.00$ depending on detail.
Thats actually not that bad looking, I'd buy one, but $3 is more reasonable unless they are going to be more intricate.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
like i said tho this is the basic one it just has a few detailed beads and has Hemp chord necklace on it but i plan on make some A LOT cooler then this one, with chain necklaces and the works and such lol mom and i are doing them for fun right now lol

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
My ex made us matching necklaces out of guitar picks. All she did was punch a hole in one and put a bare necklace through it. So I wouldn't pay $5 seeing as its cheep to make.

However if it had some cool stuff on it (like in the pic) and a better color pick I might buy one at say like $3.50
a girl i worked with made all of her own ear-rings.

they ranged from guitar picks, to lego pieces (allll sorts) and other strange memorabilia.

those swirly fenders worked pretty well.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Five bucks is reasonable. No more though. And that specific necklace I'd probably get for a girlfriend, I wouldn't wear it.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
looks like a necklace I once made out of a coconut shell I filed down and polished, drilled holes in for pulapuka eyes (crash bandicoot mask ftw:P)

I'd buy one for sure. Also a good way to always have a pick near you.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
a german girl i know wears pick earings, i love them, i forgot a pick one day and she just gave me her earring to use
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
well i made another one real fast and on this one i used a 24" beaded chain necklace with 2 detailed beads and 4 rounded beads, and a Fender Thin pick... i showed it to my mom and she said the price will have to go up because the chain alone cost like 3$ at the craft shop... here are the links to the pics of it. Once again sorry for the crappy pics... since we have to raise the price up for the chained necklaces how much would u say to sell those for?

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/cronarct/SANY0238.jpg

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/cronarct/SANY0237.jpg

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
^^ For some reason, it looks a little feminine. I'd still totally buy that, though.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
price range??? has to be more then 5$ because of the cost of materials.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Quote by cronarct
well i made another one real fast and on this one i used a 24" beaded chain necklace with 2 detailed beads and 4 rounded beads, and a Fender Thin pick... i showed it to my mom and she said the price will have to go up because the chain alone cost like 3$ at the craft shop... here are the links to the pics of it. Once again sorry for the crappy pics... since we have to raise the price up for the chained necklaces how much would u say to sell those for?

How much does it cost you to make each one?
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by cronarct
price range??? has to be more then 5$ because of the cost of materials.

Definitely no more than 6-7 bucks. I might a couple, though.

Which is odd, cause I don't wear jewlery. I'd wear those.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by cronarct

I have that same pick, but a heavy.

Anyways, see if you can get a cheaper chain or find an alternative (rawhide, rope, string, etc.), cuz I don't see those selling too quick at more than $5.
You kids are a bunch of cheapies. Its five bucks!! But then again are we talking American Dollars??
Quote by b.m.s.
You kids are a bunch of cheapies. Its five bucks!! But then again are we talking American Dollars??

Yeah, but people make those themselves all the time.
well Ok, so the basic ones im thinking will be like 4$ the chains will start at 6 and depend on what other charms i put on them lol... i just maid a black chorded one with a nice blue pick and a skull charm on it the damn thing is the skull charm cost almost 2$ alone!! so there the price of built is 1.79$ for the skull $0.50 for the pick and 2.99$ for the necklace chord so thats $5.28 for just the cost of materials lol but it does look all bad ass and **** lol

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Quote by cronarct
well Ok, so the basic ones im thinking will be like 4$ the chains will start at 6 and depend on what other charms i put on them lol... i just maid a black chorded one with a nice blue pick and a skull charm on it the damn thing is the skull charm cost almost 2$ alone!! so there the price of built is 1.79$ for the skull $0.50 for the pick and 2.99$ for the necklace chord so thats $5.28 for just the cost of materials lol but it does look all bad ass and **** lol

Wow... Unless you start buying wholesale supplies or jack your prices up rediculously then you aren't going to make much profit.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I wouldn't.. not to be a douchebag.. but just not my sort of thing.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

yeah we are thinking of only making the pewter charmed ones on request (like the skull one i made), the rest are cheap enough that we can make and sell for 5$ because we can use Hemp chord for the necklace chord but the charmed ones will sell for like 10$ probably

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Five bucks would be really good. I think it looks pretty cool. Much cooler than the other guitar pick necklaces I've seen.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by cronarct
yeah we are thinking of only making the pewter charmed ones on request (like the skull one i made), the rest are cheap enough that we can make and sell for 5$ because we can use Hemp chord for the necklace chord but the charmed ones will sell for like 10$ probably

Even so, ordering some wholesale supplies will boost your profits in the long run.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Page 1 of 2