...a demo tape about an hour or two ago.

Now, the issue is...one of the songs went a little too great. My plan for one of the songs (It's a country rock instrumental) was to last about 4 1/2 minutes, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, then return to chorus. During the solo I went off during the improv, so I decided not to add the return to chorus and just stop at the end of the solo.

The song in all is about 9 minutes & change long. Would it be best to find a point to cut it down for when I get it home for when I send it out, or just put it as the last track so if they actually make it to there by then they probably wouldn't mind it? It's a shredfest too so I dunno what to make of it.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
I would definitely trim that down. Most record execs won't really care about some hugely long solo, they want something that hits them fast and hard.

EDIT: And on that note, I don't know if an instrumental would be an appropriate song choice when trying to sell yourself to a bunch of A.D.D. record execs. Obviously it's your choice though
Last edited by Shiotflinger at Feb 21, 2009,