What do you guys think of me getting a valve junior halfy stack and throwing a ocd in front of it and maybe some good pedals for metal?
the valve jr loves pedals. gobbles them up like candy.

the OCD in itself even with the inherent drive of the VJR might not push it for metal tho.. if you go with a gainier pedal, the VJR will still like it.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Well speaking from experiance it is a pretty good way to go. I have the VJ and I use a boss metal core for my mid scoopedish heavy distortion and and line 6 DL4 for delay. What this setup could really beenfit for to help the cleans or anything else really is a decent EQ.
id you want an OD and then some metal pedals get the FD2 instead of the OCD but if you want an OD to put you into metal range i guess OCD is clossest your gonna get it isnt gonna get you very close tho...
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
instead of the vj you might want something that has a gain knob (or master volume)
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by gregs1020
Why not get a small combo with a gain knob and effects loop? Is the VJ the choice because of budget?

Yeah, you can do better than the VJ (Blackstar anyone?), but if it's because of budget, go for it, and feed it with an OD and an EQ.
crate v5. its only 85 dollars at best buy.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I love my blues jr. and its kinda similar. Its pretty good with pedals, i use a deltaLab distortion which sounds amazing. Tubescreamer is probably the best pedal with a tube amp imo.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
You will get much more gain from the v5 than the vj without pedals, especially at lower volumes.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
^ yeah, get that.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
dang, that black star looks awesome :O

i'll have to second that suggestion. or 3rd i guess.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.