Hey guys, here is my version of Hurt by Nine Inch Nails. Instead of making this a cover of Johnny Cash's version, I tried to incorporate aspects of both and then add a little bit of something to make it "mine" i suppose. The only thing that escapes me is how to make the damn thing louder; it never sounds as good as an mp3 as it does in the arrange window of Logic. Anyways, please tell me what you think and I'll return the favor!

The song is in my profile (just click mah name)

edit: and sorry if the vox sound a bit nasally, I woke up a bit sick yesterday but I really wanted to get this down. oh yes, and please rate it if you like it! or, rate it if you don't!
Last edited by jables23092 at Feb 21, 2009,
Hey man. awesome job on "hurt"! I´m truly amazed. Your voice suits really good aswell and together with your neat guitarplaying it together makes a really good cover.

Keep rocking / Rewiredll

Crit my song "own song v.1" If you get the time. It´s on my profile.
Okay i've posted maybe 4 times in my entire 4 years or so on UG but I have to post now to tell you that your version of Hurt is simply fantastic, bravo
I love the way you chose to mix both popular versions of the song into one. It turned out well. Your voice reminds me of Layne Stanley.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Great job. Wondering what you used for the percussive instrumentation? Is it a machine or did you actually play more than one instrument?
Quote by Soda Popinski
Great job. Wondering what you used for the percussive instrumentation? Is it a machine or did you actually play more than one instrument?

it's a drum plugin (using midi info from my keyboard). Unfortunately, no room for a drum set here in my tiny apartment haha
Great cover. No problems with it at all. I liked how the verses felt more like NIN and the choruses sounded more like Johnny Cash, with some NIN aspects left intact. Its great.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
I liked it quite a bit. It was really good.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack