I currently own a Rg120 and I love the guitar, but the tone is something i want to fix. Is it possible to upgrade its current pick-ups (INF-3 and INF-4) with some SD Blackouts.

Is it ok to switch the passives with actives?

Where will the battery go?

How much will it cost for a store to do it? (i'm not trusting enough to play around with $200 worth of hardware and a soldering iron)
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Yeah, you can swap the passives for actives.

I don't know how much it would cost for a store to do it though, ask around.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
ok, thanx.

And also does the battery just go into the tremolo cavity or what happens?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
I currently own a Rg120 and I love the guitar, but the tone is something i want to fix. Is it possible to upgrade its current pick-ups (INF-3 and INF-4) with some SD Blackouts.

Is it ok to switch the passives with actives?

Where will the battery go?

How much will it cost for a store to do it? (i'm not trusting enough to play around with $200 worth of hardware and a soldering iron)

I just put a set of EMG's in my Ibanez RG. I used the 18 volt mod, blocked the trem bridge and yanked the springs. The 2 9v batteries fit perfect in the back where the trem springs used to go. Blocking the trem isn't for everytone, I just got tired of not being able to detune along with the other headaches of a trem. I really like the Blackouts too, I went with the EMG's because I like the clean tone of the 60.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13