So, I was looking at my local pawn shop for a cheap strat to turn into a frankie, and I bought an old Ibanez RG. It looked good, and had a LFR so I snagged it for 100 USD. Now I get home and research, it is a vintage early 80's Ibanez and surprisingly, still has it's orginal FR and pups. Play great and I love it. I'm gonna refinish it, but not turn this beauty into a frankenstrat. It's an Ibanez (roadmaster) RG 340. Some idiot put spongbob stickers in the fretboard but a lil WD-40 got them off, and I just changed the strings.

BTW, this string change is my first one not on a tune-o-matic bridge, so it was quite tough, and I am very satisfied with myself.
Last edited by sglover34479 at Feb 21, 2009,
Quote by parigod
Way to ruin it by taking off the stickers >.<

that just made my day
sounds like an awesome guitar too
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy

You have the same name as me

that's pretty sweet man, but we need piiiiics
congratulations, you have found what i've been searching for on craigslist for 2 years. a great old guitar for a low price
pretty sweet dude.

i wanna see what it looks like
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
hey, aren't you the same guy with the girlfriend with surgery?

wtf! why are you looking at buying GUITARS!?

oh, and pics.
You shouldn't have put WD40 on the wood if it's rosewood! I would get some Isopropyl alcohol and try to remove the WD40 residue! Then use lemon oil (not lemon pledge or any other furniture polish) sparingly to re-oil the wood to refresh it after the alcohol has dried it out.
Next time you want to remove stickers use heat (Hair dryer for instance) many glues like the type used on stickers re-activate and are easier to remove warm.
Moving on.....
Quote by chicubswill
hey, aren't you the same guy with the girlfriend with surgery?

wtf! why are you looking at buying GUITARS!?

oh, and pics.

Yes that's me. But I have been looking at them for a while and she is gone to sleep hours ago, so yeah.