The otherday I picked up a Damien 6 fr for 265 dollars. I got home to find that it needed a few adjustments because the notes on the high b and e string were dead around the 5-7 frets. I got everything adjusted and now it plays extremely well in comparison to my Ibanez s470. I really like the emgz and the bat inlays along the frets. I would like to know if any of you know how schecter sets these guitars up in the factory. What strings and what action etc. I'm using 9-46 and my action is set about 2.5mm from 12th fret on low E and and 2mm on high E. I can't go any lower on the high e without getting dead notes. I still have some minimun fret buzz around 7-9 frets on the low strings. Seems like I get fret buzz if I dont have my string hight around 3mm on low strings.
when i got my damian, everything was set up 100 percent perfectly. i didnt find any fret buzz. im pretty sure the strings on it were 10's, and the action was just about as low as it could go...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Schecter actually works on the guitars post-factory, like they give them a full setup and crown and level and dress the frets.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
They use D'addario 10-52s.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.