My brother feels like he needs to play guitar now, but me and my family can't afford anything that expensive. I want to get him a solid body electric to teach him on, any recommendations for cheap?

-You guys rock in advance
Oh what other than a Squier strat and a little orange crush 3?

That would put you at like what? 200?

Or find a even cheaper MiC Squier COPY. (They exist, believe me) and some random amp. Find a second hand frontman or something.

Pawn shops work too.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
you could put him through the depression of a squier strat their only about 90-100 dollars
http://www.rondomusic.com/sstse3ts.html hey its an extremly cheap guitar, but it's just as good as a squire, and only 80 bucks...
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
It depends on what he wants to play, ask him and then come back?

Anyway, strats for music with a lot of clean jangly guitars, SGs for a lot of classic rock and warmer acoustic tones and stuff, and one of the cheap Ibanezes for metals, just a starter's guide.
This.
http://www.rondomusic.com/seg1std.html

I have one. It's versatile as hell! It seems (and feels) cheap, but after modding it to hell and back, it plays better than most other guitars I have played. But even before modding, it isn't THAT bad, especially for the price. If he likes it, instead of buying a new guitar, he can just make upgrades to that one.

Seriously, after a new body (optional), new pickups, an Original floyd and proper setup, it plays like a >$1,000 guitar. I mean it.

If he doesn't like the floyd, block the bridge and don't use the locking nut.
Last edited by Zecromancer at Feb 21, 2009,
my brother is a metal head, but he says eventually he would want to play everything.

maybe a cheap schecter?
anything schecter, the low-end stuff they have great low end stuff.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
get him a new squire or a used dean VX
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White