recently i've just lost the urge to practice, i think it's because all the music i listen to is way too hard for me to learn, but whatever it is, it's got me down. i'm just sitting here looking at my guitar, and wanting to pick it up, but feeling like i've got nothing to play.

suggest some material suitable for an early player please?
i thoroughly enjoy metal with some small recurring acoustic parts (i.e. to live is to die)
and i like easy (but not too easy) solos, again see to live is to die.

thanks pit
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

beatles..

and also led zep riffs and a lot of classic rock riffs are pretty easy..

try some improv aswell man
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
beatles..

and also led zep riffs and a lot of classic rock riffs are pretty easy..

try some improv aswell man

have been doing so and i can throw out some riffs that i think are pretty sweet, but eventually i just end up bored, and i feel really limited by my skills, so i wanna practice and develop my technique before i start writing
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

2 words: Patience, humility.

Realize that you aren't going to be able to play everything you want right away. The only reason to get frustrated is when you set unrealistic goals for yourself. Learn your basics, learn songs you enjoy, and realize that it's going to take a long while to be able to really do them well. Understand that you're low on the totem pole as far as guitar goes and be willing to take the time to make yourself better. If you're that burned out, take a break, listen to some music that inspires you and made you want to play in the first place. Pretty soon you'll get the itch to twist some strings again.

Guitar isn't a race, it's a lifelong journey full of self-discovery. Be honest about why you want to play and with where you're at. Play what you love and love what you play.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
whether u like it or not..green day. i went through my whole beginners phase playing green day, it will build up ur skills till u can play the other stuff u want
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W