What would a Digitech Bad Monkey do for a Solid State amp?
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
ok, before a bunch of people start coming in here saying that overdrive pedals dont work well with solid state amps, im going to try to set this straight.

if you are going to be using the BM for a mild overdrive on the clean channel of your amp, its going to sound alright. the amp isnt fantastic, so the pedal isnt going to make it suddenly sound like a great amp. however it will give you a solid overdrive sound, as long as you dont try to push the amp too hard.

now, if you are going to use the od pedal as a boost like a lot of people do with tube amps, its not going to sound good. trying to push the input harder on the gain channel of your amp is just a bad idea. pushing a small SS amp like that will get you some unpleasant clipping most likely. so dont do that, its not a good plan.

but if you just want a nice little mildly-overdriven sound to add to your arsenel, its not a bad pedal to be thinking about.
From my knowledge Bad monkey goes ridiculously well as a boost for the peavy valvking, theres a thread all about it somewhere in the forum

dont know if that helps or anything.. lol
Quote by jof1029
ok, before a bunch of people start coming in here saying that overdrive pedals dont work well with solid state amps, im going to try to set this straight.

if you are going to be using the BM for a mild overdrive on the clean channel of your amp, its going to sound alright. the amp isnt fantastic, so the pedal isnt going to make it suddenly sound like a great amp. however it will give you a solid overdrive sound, as long as you dont try to push the amp too hard.

now, if you are going to use the od pedal as a boost like a lot of people do with tube amps, its not going to sound good. trying to push the input harder on the gain channel of your amp is just a bad idea. pushing a small SS amp like that will get you some unpleasant clipping most likely. so dont do that, its not a good plan.

but if you just want a nice little mildly-overdriven sound to add to your arsenel, its not a bad pedal to be thinking about.

Im just wondering if it would give a classic rock sound.
Instead of getting a new pedal, i would STRONGLY RECOMEND for you to get a new amp. I'm sure you could spend a bit more money on a used solid state amp on craigslist as you would on a new bad monkey. A built in distortion on a solid state usually sounds much better than with pedals.
Quote by ubtguitarist
Instead of getting a new pedal, i would STRONGLY RECOMEND for you to get a new amp. I'm sure you could spend a bit more money on a used solid state amp on craigslist as you would on a new bad monkey. A built in distortion on a solid state usually sounds much better than with pedals.

Im getting a peavy vypryr 30W in August, but until then I was thinking of getting by with this. My music store has one used for $15, so I was like why not.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
Im getting a peavy vypryr 30W in August, but until then I was thinking of getting by with this. My music store has one used for $15, so I was like why not.

For 15$, get it now. Thats a steal at that price.
For 15$ you can't go wrong.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
For 15$ you can't go wrong.

Can it give a good classic rock sound though? Im gonna be using it on the clean channel so I dont think it will =/
I honestly don't know, but for 15 bucks any half decent pedal is a great deal. I am guessing that it will have enough gain for classic rock on its own.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I honestly don't know, but for 15 bucks any half decent pedal is a great deal. I am guessing that it will have enough gain for classic rock on its own.

Alright, I'll head up tomorrow and buy that thing.
Just make sure you try it out before you buy it. That way you can see if YOU like it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

It has enough for classic rock man, and you can eq it to give it more 'punch'
$15? man get that pedal!
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Just make sure you try it out before you buy it. That way you can see if YOU like it.

They have a pretty sweet policy on used items, if I dont like it I can take it back within 7 days for a full refund (20% restock fee is only for their new gear) so I guess its a win-win for me.
It won't give you a classic rock sound. The distortion is too mild. But that's a great deal and you could always sell it later and get more than your investment back.