So, awhile ago I was at a friends house. And we started to talk about guitar modding and stuff. And I said that I might want to put a pick guard on my guitar, Ibenez Gio. And hes brought it up a few times when I've seen him. And I'm not really sure if I want to put a pick guard on it. And I was just wanting your opinion on whether or not I should.
Here is a picture of my guitar.

And I think we were gonna get a piece of plastic and cut out two slots for humbuckers. So what do you guys think yay or nay?

Also, I will move this thread if its in the wrong forum. I don't go outside the Pit that much...

Edit: I think he has some Strat pick guards that we were gonna use.
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Last edited by ninja dude at Feb 21, 2009,
dont bother, get a better amp, pickups, or guitar in general first.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
u could......but it would look like a F%kd up strat
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by TK1

yeah...I got this from a friend of my dads, which he got at a garage sale...

Quote by camhussynec
u could......but it would look like a F%kd up strat

Yeah...I think I'm gonna get a new guitar in a few months anyway...
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Quote by TK1

Hey. I have one just like that in my sig. Dont knock cheapo's man.

So why a pickguard? Most people would find big honkin' chunks of plastic on their guitar as less attractive. If you feel the need, go with it. Instead of using the whole Strat pickguard, cut it up some. Make it smaller.
The Charvel So-Cal have pickguards that are just there. I say do it, it is your guitar.
then go for it
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Hmmm...I think I could go down the side without the pickups in the guard. Somewhat like a LP pick guard.
Jim Morrison