hey guys , i heard that using pedal throw modeling amp wont sound so good for distoration and metal stuffs , so is it true using keyboard amp might help? , or getting powerd speakers and monitors ??
In all seriousness, I don't understand you at all....

It's true that most cheaper modeling amps don't take too well to external effects.

If you can't get a good tone from your current GUITAR amp....get a new GUITAR amp or do more experimenting with your sound.

Other than that, I still...just...don't understand.
I have no idea what you're asking...English please?
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Keyboard amps arent designed for guitars. And when my friend connected a pedal to a PA it sounded awfull...
If your gonna spend money on all that, save some instead for an amp.
And its THROUGH! At least get the proper tense if not the word...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by SayAnything
In all seriousness, I don't understand you at all....

It's true that most cheaper modeling amps don't take too well to external effects.

If you can't get a good tone from your current GUITAR amp....get a new GUITAR amp or do more experimenting with your sound.

Other than that, I still...just...don't understand.

i was like you i really was shocked , but if u know the guitarist glenn dealune he is on youtube , i just saw some pepole over here sayin that mutlieffects pedal and most pedal wont sound that good on a modeling guitar , so i send him message asking him if that true or no, he saied u can try keyboard amp or powered speakers and monitor, i got pod x3 live but my guitar amp sound s**ty so that why im tryin to buy new amp as im using ma boss bass cube amp.

so if any one know a good guitar amp with 30-50 watt and like from 300-400$ just tell me
Yeah then in that case all you need is a nice amp to compliment the pod x3 Live.

Running it through some p/a equipment as you speak of, would work, but in the end would be just as expensive as a guitar amp and really you wouldn't gain anything from it...

So yes, def. look into a new amp...You can find great deals on Orange Crush's, Peavey Transtubes, Fender Blues Juniors, and Peavey Valvekings ect. ect. I'm sure theres a lot more I have overlooked.
How about a used Classic 30?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
... So you're gonna throw your guitar through a keyboard amp? are you strong enough? I'm sure that's not good for the guitar nor the amp.
Things like that are only cool if you're on stage.
thnx guys for replying , i get it now , i will be saving some money to buy a new guitar amp as i just spent more than $1500 for my ESP LTD EC1000 and POD x3 LIVE
Quote by _Sanitarium_
... So you're gonna throw your guitar through a keyboard amp? are you strong enough? I'm sure that's not good for the guitar nor the amp.
Things like that are only cool if you're on stage.

lol i wont do it , im not crazy for doin that , so that why i asked about it before i buy one.

it might be cool on stage yea , as the guy told me to try it is a famous guitarist im sure he knows much more about these stuffs but oh well im gonna save money money for new guitar amp
You need something very clean if you want the POD to sound it's best. PA's work, Keyboard amps work, or powered speakers. If you get a guitar amp, you'll be running two preamps, and that's not optimal. Atomic Reactors and Tech 21 Power Engines work well with PODs. A keyboard amp or a regular PA system will not have the same feeling as a guitar amp, so if you go the PA route, get a guitar cab for it. When using multi-effects, you want your amp to be transparent.
no, it wont sound good. save up for a real guitar amp.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Keyboard amps are meant for keyboards, meaning they color your sound as little as possible. They're meant to keep the sound of the keyboard clear and intact. This is the opposite effect that you want with a guitar amp, with a guitar amps you're looking to color your sound, and keyboard amps don't even have distortion channels. That being said, keyboard amps are fine if you want a clear sound, for example if you're playing jazz a keyboard amp would be fine.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Keyboard amps are meant for keyboards, meaning they color your sound as little as possible. They're meant to keep the sound of the keyboard clear and intact. This is the opposite effect that you want with a guitar amp, with a guitar amps you're looking to color your sound, and keyboard amps don't even have distortion channels. That being said, keyboard amps are fine if you want a clear sound, for example if you're playing jazz a keyboard amp would be fine.

But he wants to use the full potential of his POD, so a keyboard amp isn't the worst idea.

With that said, maybe you should save up a bit more for an Atomic amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
But if he's trying to get a halfway decent metal sound then a keyboard amp + a pod wouldn't be the best solution.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
He wouldn't use the guitar amp's distortion with the POD's distortion. When you use a multi-FX, you use the guitar amp's clean setting, unless you actually prefer your amp's distortion and tone more than the MFX, in that case, you're only using the FX. In that case, it doesn't matter. MFX sound better through transparent amp. Think about it, a Marshall setting will not sound like a Marshall through a Fender amp because of the Fender's preamp is coloring that tone.