is there a scale for everything or can you make your own for example is there a scale for the notes E,F,G,G#,B,C,E,F or something similiar?

Also is the interval chart i have wrong because the the diminished 7th says bb7. Im just asking because i dont wanna learn something that is wrong.
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
yes a diminished 7th is a bb7
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Quote by Emo-Slayer
is there a scale for everything or can you make your own for example is there a scale for the notes E,F,G,G#,B,C,E,F or something similiar?

Also is the interval chart i have wrong because the the diminished 7th says bb7. Im just asking because i dont wanna learn something that is wrong.

That would be the C augmented 5th scale.
However, you can write your own scale if you wish.

Edit: and that G# should be an Ab
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Last edited by LeperAffinity at Feb 21, 2009,
Most of the useful scales have names but you'll come up with something weird from a scale you don't initially recognize. Then you start naming your synthetic scales the Sue Scale and such.
Most (western) people will only use the major or minor scales to write music. They might use a few accidentals or out of key chords or modulate a few times and theorist might make up a new scale to describe the song, but they're still only writing with major or minor scales.

So seeing as you're most likely a writer and not a theorist, just stick to major and minor scales.

That's right. That chord is actually used as an out of key chord in a minor progression. A full diminished chord built on the raised seventh degree of the minor scale can be used as a substitute for a functioning dominant chord. So i - V - i can be substituted as i - vii0 - i. The later isn't as strong though.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Last edited by demonofthenight at Feb 22, 2009,