So I bought a strap for my bass today and I think I picked a bad one simply because the material is real smooth and it slides alot, if I dont hold up the head it falls down. I'm a beginner so I don't know if its supposed to be like this. Did I mess up or can I fix this somehow?
The head of the what? The bass? Let me guess - you have a thunderbird. If so, then there is nothing wrong with the strap.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
No I have no idea what kind of bass it is, its just some cheap starter bass I bought off ebay.
I'm guessing you have a thunderbird or an sg bass? Regardless, some people prefer those straps so they can move the instrument around more freely without it getting stuck on their shirt. If you can return it, do that and try out the strap before you buy it this time. Otherwise, you can probably sew some kind of material on the bottom for better grip.

Edit: then ignore my T-bird/sg comments.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Ah - ok. If you don't like your bass sliding then either sew on some sticky material onto the bottom or get a strap that doesn't slide.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
It'd be a pain to return, I dont have a car and it took alot of persuading for my mom to take me. So what kind of material?
Anything that grips well. Rubber, leather, etc...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Would A wide strap be better then like a guitar strap? I finally found out the strap I got was a Onori KC1, I think I might be able to go back to return/exchange for a different strap. I'll only have like $29 to spend on a strap, hopefully I don't spend that much cuz I wana buy a handmaster plus.