i recently bought a ibanez rg2550z guitar and i love it, but im looking to buy another guitar either a 62 reissue telecaster or a 62 reissue jaguar. il be playing grunge/punk stuff on either of these. which would you recommend?
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
i would go for a jaguar, more pickup options and has some surfy sound i like..
go with the jag. the 62 is cool, but i would go with the special HH. that thing is killer. i just dont know that a tele would have as much of the right sound compared to the jag.
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
i was ganna get either the tell or the jag routed out for 2 humbuckers. i didnt want to get the special HH or classic player HH jag because there made in mexico and i have a thing where i onli trust american and japan guitars haha.

edit: and for my amp i have a vox solid state(don't know what model) but il be buying a new amp aswell just havnt decided on one yet.
Last edited by nathan549 at Feb 21, 2009,
Quote by sg dude 38
go with the jag. the 62 is cool, but i would go with the special HH. that thing is killer. i just dont know that a tele would have as much of the right sound compared to the jag.

The CIJ HH jag plays really well, but it has the ****tiest stock pickups I've seen on a 700$ guitar

Quote by nathan549
i was ganna get either the tell or the jag routed out for 2 humbuckers. i didnt want to get the special HH or classic player HH jag because there made in mexico and i have a thing where i onli trust american and japan guitars haha

Dude...your ****ing ibanez is CIJ....
Stop being an idiot, get the damn MIM, it's better than the MIA
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Feb 21, 2009,
i said i trust CIJ guitars not MIM
Quote by nathan549
i said i trust CIJ guitars not MIM

Then your just being an idiot.

I've played the both of the CP Jags, a bunch of times, and I've played the 62 RI a bunch of times...The MIA one is good, but the CP one is better + it comes with a TOM bridge for the Kurdtz factor.

The MIM Classic Player Jaguar is as close to a Kurt Cobain sig guitar as you'll see in North America anytime soon.
are you saying its only better cause it has 2 humbuckers and the TOM bridge because kurt cobain had that on his guitar (aswell as the 3 way toggle switch)? what about the build quality of it? electronics? wood quality? in my expierence MIM guitars are pretty ****
Quote by nathan549
are you saying its only better cause it has 2 humbuckers and the TOM bridge because kurt cobain had that on his guitar (aswell as the 3 way toggle switch)? what about the build quality of it? electronics? wood quality? in my expierence MIM guitars are pretty ****

no I'm saying I like it more, and imo it's a better guitar.
It doesn't have a 3 way toggle switch on it, and thank satan/god/christ/budhha for that.

Real musicians know that the best bridge & trem are the mustang bridge and trem

P.S.

I don't care what your experience with MIM guitars are, just try the jag out, and then if you by some slim chance you don't like it, then you can bitch about it.
Quote by Swap-Meet
no I'm saying I like it more, and imo it's a better guitar.
It doesn't have a 3 way toggle switch on it, and thank satan/god/christ/budhha for that.

Real musicians know that the best bridge & trem are the mustang bridge and trem

P.S.

I don't care what your experience with MIM guitars are, just try the jag out, and then if you by some slim chance you don't like it, then you can bitch about it.

i know it dosent have the 3 waqy toggle on it i said kurts one did. the mustang bridge is pretty good but the trem is ****.

edit: by the way where did you get your mustang from and how much??
Last edited by nathan549 at Feb 21, 2009,
The Mustang trem is not complete ****, it just needs to be setup properly. You clearly have never played a well setup mustang trem.

I got it from this random ass store in the east end of montreal, the only place in montreal that had a Mustang (bonus points for it being Dakota Red)

Got it bargained down from 1000$ to 850$ (CDN)
ahk sweet. play nice??
to be a wannabe kurt cobain??
ahh.. he BARLEY used a tele it was always his jag and mustang dude
take the jag
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
reading this i get the feeling you haven't done enough research into the finer details of the fender jaguar.

Otherwise, you'd know why buying a '62 reissue just because it's made in japan, to mod it to the specs of the HH Classic player just because the classic player is made in mexico.. is a stupid idea.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
reading this i get the feeling you haven't done enough research into the finer details of the fender jaguar.

Otherwise, you'd know why buying a '62 reissue just because it's made in japan, to mod it to the specs of the HH Classic player just because the classic player is made in mexico.. is a stupid idea.

the 62 Jag is AMERICAN Vintage Re Issue, it's MIA.

unless you like the 62 jag and can justify spending like extra 600-700$ on just the guitar (+ an additional 300$ for the new pickups + labour) then get the CP HH Jag
Quote by Swap-Meet
the 62 Jag is AMERICAN Vintage Re Issue, it's MIA.

unless you like the 62 jag and can justify spending like extra 600-700$ on just the guitar (+ an additional 300$ for the new pickups + labour) then get the CP HH Jag

i think the CIJ is also called the '62 reissue.

edit: http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_jaguar_62_rw_car_ltd.htm?sid=e2c99d8cd0c3933a1382d4bcb9843aba Yep, it is. Understandably confusing.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Last edited by Blompcube at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by Blompcube
i think the CIJ is also called the '62 reissue.

edit: http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_jaguar_62_rw_car_ltd.htm?sid=e2c99d8cd0c3933a1382d4bcb9843aba Yep, it is. Understandably confusing.

im talking abotu the CIJ 62 reissue jaguar. and i am not modding it to the specs of the clasic player. im adding one humbucker to the bridge and adding another volume pot. y would i pay extra for the classic player wen its not wat i want?
You realize that the factories that make MIM and MIA fenders are literally 10 miles from each other?

They just use cheaper parts.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
cheaper woods and stuff aswell
Quote by nathan549
im talking abotu the CIJ 62 reissue jaguar. and i am not modding it to the specs of the clasic player. im adding one humbucker to the bridge and adding another volume pot. y would i pay extra for the classic player wen its not wat i want?

ok, i thought you were planning on installing a tune-o-matic and 2 humbuckers - my mistake. but that's not really the point i was trying to get across:

are you aware of the brige faults on the CIJ jaguar which render the guitar practically unplayable? unless for whatever reason you want the classic style bridge and know exactly what sort of problems it's going to cause, i'd advise that you just get the single coil classic player and mod it the same way you're planning to mod a CIJ, and stop judging guitars based on where they are built.

Threadstarter: you really gotta grow out of this ignorance. There's nothing wrong with all MIM instruments. Try some out and you'll see that there's good ones out there. Just like any brand or model line there could be good ones and bad ones.

i was going to install a new gotoh tune-o-matic anyways. the classic player is $2200 in aus and the 62 jap reissue is $1600 i could customize it how i want and save money still, rather then blowing it on the classic player