I bought a guitar a few weeks ago. Its a Jackson DK2M and it came with Seymour Duncan JB/59 's. Many people like these pickups as do I but I really like the presence and harmonics and the overall high output with the dimarzio Evolutions better. But heres my problem, the only guitars I have ever heard that had the Evolutions were basswood with rosewood fretboards. Which i guess you could say is the polar opposite of my current guitar (maple fretboard/neck and alder body) so Im not quite so sure if they will recieve my guitar so well. Anybody here have the combination Im speaking of? Suggestions? And if they really dont sound well i will just keep the Seymour Duncans.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Last edited by Avengethedeath at Feb 21, 2009,
Well, the JEM is alder. Seriously, if you like them, get them.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've never heard a Jem in person and I dont trust the sounds on Youtube. I thought the JEM was comprised of Basswood and Alder, like 2/3's basswood, 1/3 alder but I may be incorrect. Anyways thanks!
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Evolutions are extremely accurate pickups. And by that I mean they amplify EVERY single problem with your playing style regardless of wood. Only buy them if you are really good.

I don't mean that as an insult, its just truth.

And a set of JB's sound good in any quality guitar.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
yo the evolutions are very good. I would get the evo II though (if you can even still get the I?) its just such a solid pickup. high outout and clear= awesome.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.