I am looking for a really smooth and tight distortion pedal mainly for sweeping and for leads. I have a tubescreamer which is great for rhythm but a little too crunchy for heavy solos and too noisy for sweeps. My rig is in my signature and my strat now has a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge. Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Fulltone OCD?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by darkwolf291
boss metal zone

Don't listen to this guy.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
To be clear, i am looking for a distortion pedal and not an overdrive as i already have one. I'm really looking for a cutting edge shred tone opposed to an overdriven tube amp tone.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Fulltone OCD...says drive, but don't let that fool you. It will definitely give you a smooth, creamy distortion.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
I just listened to some sound clips of the OCD and it's definitely not the tone i'm looking for. I'm looking for a modern sounding sharp edge distortion and nothing vintage voiced. Think progressive metal lead tones and not classic rock/metal.

EDIT: ^I have a keeley modded TS9 and its not tight enough, sorry i'm picky.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by LightningRider at Feb 21, 2009,
Quote by LightningRider
I have a keeley modded TS9 and its not tight enough, sorry i'm picky.

Do you have a Keeley modded TS9DX? The turbo setting on that is very smooth. Doesn't sound like a regular TS9.
Quote by tombo32
Do you have a Keeley modded TS9DX? The turbo setting on that is very smooth. Doesn't sound like a regular TS9.

No, i have the mod plus. I'll take a look but i'm looking for a distortion pedal and not an OD. I don't want smooth clipping, rather harsh saturated and very tight shred tone..
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station