I don't know how many people do this, but I'm just going to try to be helpful. A trick I use to get better dynamics and speedier picking is pick sharpening. What I do is take the pick and brush it across coarse sandpaper, then I'll run it across a basic low-grade carpet ( not your all white St. Ives carpet ) Do this until smooth and all left-over pick strands are gone. It should only take 1-3 quick runs. Try not to make it to steep or round of a sharpening or you won't be able to sound or play as good.
Just buy Dunlop sharps and skip all the bull****. They are the superior picks.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by NorfIrIon
Just buy Dunlop sharps and skip all the bull****. They are the superior picks.

I found sharps catch on the strings a lot more, but I find the red Jazz III's to be spot on.
My only problem with picks, is that I'm a sweaty bastard and it's hard for me to keep the pick from slipping around. I've tried a lot of different picks. My favorite is the Dunlop 1mm. That works great for me in cooler (or normal) conditions. But, not so well during the summer or when it's humid. Any suggestions?
Quote by b-rock34
My only problem with picks, is that I'm a sweaty bastard and it's hard for me to keep the pick from slipping around. I've tried a lot of different picks. My favorite is the Dunlop 1mm. That works great for me in cooler (or normal) conditions. But, not so well during the summer or when it's humid. Any suggestions?

try cutting out little squares of sand paper and super-gluing them to the pick, or do the same with coating the top of the pick in super glue, and dipping it in fine sand.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
try cutting out little squares of sand paper and super-gluing them to the pick, or do the same with coating the top of the pick in super glue, and dipping it in fine sand.

Nice idea! I'll definitely give both a try. Probably the sand first. Thanks!
Quote by b-rock34

yeah. dunlop tortex jazz picks. Same thing, justin tortex grip....helps IMO
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by -Collapse-
OR, you could chug superglue; that way when you sweat, you'll grip even better!

Plus, the high is amazing!
Quote by -Collapse-

Wouldn't you just get stuck to everything?
Quote by timo1
I used to go on the computer in the morning and look up 'naked female breasts' on Google.
It came up with a picture of a duck
Quote by LondonGeetarist

Yes, because that should be the first thing you worry about.
Jazz IIIs kick ass. I've recently been converted, but I still love my 3mm big stubbies.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by LondonGeetarist

sry ma'am my hand is stuck to your boob we are just gonna have to live with sry.....

your paying for dinner right?
Quote by Skierinanutshel

]

Use Skateboard Grip Tape , its already sticky on the back .put it on both side of the pick , its like 5-10 $ for a 33 x10 inch sheet ( the size of a skateboard ) so you would be ok for around 100 guitar picks .

work perfectly and less trouble than using glue IMO . you can contour the part of the pick you want to make grippy and just cut .

but glue with sand paper work too .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Feb 22, 2009,
I just use a pick holder on my mic stand, and when I drop one, I grab another. :P
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by -Collapse-
Wouldn't it be safer to just glue it to your hand?
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.