today i got off of my aunt a sigma CS-1 guitar, its made by C.F. Martin & Company and was made somewhere between 1994 and 1996 in korea. im not sure but i think new it was somewhere between $200- $400, anyway she said if i fix it i could have it, the nut is missing and the bridge is torn off, i know that the nut can be quite easily replaced, but im a little worried about replacing the bridge. the bridge was torn off because somone put steel strings on it and its a nylon string classical. the bridge wasnt the only damage done by this, there is a slight crack on both sides off the neck where the nut would be, but i believe this can be fixed. Im not sure about doing any of this myself without somehow screwing it up, so im goin to have it be profesionaly done, does anyone here know how much this may cost, because if its any more than around $50-$100 i dont think it will be worth it. please i would like some help with this, because it is a quite beautiful finish, completely flawless in fact and the guitar itself is beuatiful, i would love to have it fixed, if it does ill have 2 nylon strings which would be lovely, if anyone has any thoughts on it, for example how much it would cost, where i could go, or anything else, Thank You -
My Gear:
EspLtd ec-1000 ]
Epi Les Paul
dean avalanche (project guitar)
C.F. Martin/ Sigma DR-41
C.F. Martin CS-1 classical
Vox Valvetronix tonelab ST
C.F.Martin/ Sigma D-12
I wouldn't bother, fix what you can yourself and if you really want it, you can take it to the shop.

A bridge glue on is what, like $25 or so
I ain't racist, but fuck black people! - Michael Richards

Nigga please - Al Sharpton

Nigga please - Me
Placement is critical. No little allen wrenches to twist if the saddle is in the wrong spot.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by TripleR26
today i got off of my aunt a sigma CS-1 guitar, its made by C.F. Martin & Company and was made somewhere between 1994 and 1996 in korea. im not sure but i think new it was somewhere between $200- $400, anyway she said if i fix it i could have it, the nut is missing and the bridge is torn off, i know that the nut can be quite easily replaced, but im a little worried about replacing the bridge. the bridge was torn off because somone put steel strings on it and its a nylon string classical. the bridge wasnt the only damage done by this, there is a slight crack on both sides off the neck where the nut would be, but i believe this can be fixed. Im not sure about doing any of this myself without somehow screwing it up, so im goin to have it be profesionaly done, does anyone here know how much this may cost, because if its any more than around $50-$100 i dont think it will be worth it. please i would like some help with this, because it is a quite beautiful finish, completely flawless in fact and the guitar itself is beuatiful, i would love to have it fixed, if it does ill have 2 nylon strings which would be lovely, if anyone has any thoughts on it, for example how much it would cost, where i could go, or anything else, Thank You -

Don't give up on this classical guitar just yet. There is so much misinformation about Martin's Sigma line of guitars.
get back to me withe the exact model #, s/n, all info on the inside-neck and back/label.
I will reply with more info once I hear from you.

Take care.