I've got the money for a Blackstar HT-5 Stack/Combo (both come out on same day, and same price. idk which one i'm getting though.) and I plan on ordering it when i get home from school on the day it comes out.

I understand that it does have an overdrive channel and the ISF switch to tweak your voicing. For the classic rock that i'll be playing, I'll just use the British voiced side.

Now for the metal stuff I play, I'm not sure the American voiced side will be heavy enough. Think Avenged Sevenfold, Every Time I Die, Lamb of God, Metallica, etc.

So how should I push this amp into that territory? OD pedal on OD channel to boost it? Distortion/OD pedal on clean channel?

Make suggestions + pedal suggestions if you have one. Keep it around >$150 as I still need to buy an EQ (MXR 10 band)
From what I've heard, it will be heavy enough to do that stuff. From the looks of it, you won't need that EQ either. Hold up on any pedals until you've had the amp for at least a week and you know what you need to compensate for.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The Boss MT-2 is good (is that the name? Im going off memory here haha)
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by Sid McCall
From what I've heard, it will be heavy enough to do that stuff. From the looks of it, you won't need that EQ either. Hold up on any pedals until you've had the amp for at least a week and you know what you need to compensate for.

Yeah I'm not buying any pedals anytime soon after it, I won't have any money
Quote by kingofdudes161
The Boss MT-2 is good (is that the name? Im going off memory here haha)

NOOOO!

Worst idea '09.

Anyway, don't even get it in your head that you need pedals at all. The happier you can be with your amp alone, the purer your tone will be and to more money you'll have in your wallet. Don't be tricked into thinking you need a thousand pedals to sound good, when a solid amp (like that one you're getting) can handle anything you throw at it on its own.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
NOOOO!

Worst idea '09.

Anyway, don't even get it in your head that you need pedals at all. The happier you can be with your amp alone, the purer your tone will be and to more money you'll have in your wallet. Don't be tricked into thinking you need a thousand pedals to sound good, when a solid amp (like that one you're getting) can handle anything you throw at it on its own.

Nah that's not my state of mind at all. I just have my tuner, and wah. Was just looking to get that EQ, and whatever OD/booster I'd need to cover all my sounds (if necessary)
I'd like to add I just looked this guitar up and it seems like a solid deal. I myself have been looking for an inexpensive tube amp and I'll have to look into some reviews and test it out at the local shop when it comes out.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.