Okay, so I've been playing guitar for awhile. I've noticed something. I hold the pick between my thumb and index finger but I've noticed when I do fast alternate picking licks I put on middle finger (picking hand) on the nail of my index finer. I guess I'm doing this for more strength but is a bad habit or bad technique?
Last edited by ibanez87 at Feb 21, 2009,
Do you feel it adding extra tension to your wrist? If it feels that way it will be bad for you most likely, I'm not 100% positive on what you're trying to say though.
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
no but it looks funny hahahahahaha
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
if you press down relatively hard with your middle finger on top of your index, it might give you a little trouble with pinch harmonics because the pick might slip out of your hand.

or not. just something that could happen.
I noticed I do this, never thought much of it however, I am learning a peice that requires use of plectrum and fingers as well, not sure but is this hybred picking (I may be wrong) although I can finger pick ok I found I it very hard to do this technique because I just can't keep my middle finger seperate from my index finger.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)