So this next week i'm buying my new epiphone les paul 100 after trying to play led zep on an acoustic for 2 years. I've been saving for it for half a year and i am pretty psyched. But yesterday by friend said "i'm going to buy my first guitar tommorow." And i said "what guitar are you going to buy?" and he said a GIBSON F*CKING SG! He has been playing for 2 weeks and he buys a 3000$ guitar when i have been playing for 2 years and i am buying a $340 epiphone.

there is no god
Meh. I don't understand the point of this thread
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
You can get a Gibson SG for $500 or so...you sure he's not getting one of those?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
No, who cares? If he wants to buy a Gibson SG for his first guitar, let him. He'll just look 'cool' with it since is has a Gibson decal on the headstock, but your skill should shut him up.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
I have a secret. A ****ty guitarist with an amazing guitar will still play like ****. It will just have amazing tone. Money cannot buy talent.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
meh dont worry about it.i have friends that have muchhhh more expensive gear then me.but guess what.i am better then them.dont let money bring you down just get the basics and rip it.whats more impressive 1000 dollar guitar played crappy or a 200 dollar guitar played amazing?
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by Le_Bunny
You can get an Epi LP for $340?? Yes there is no justice, for in Australia LPs go for at least double that price

i am in aus, allens music has epi les paul 100s for $339, they are out of stock right now so i had to order one.
Very few SGs cost $3000. I paid $600 for mine(used Standard), and it was my first guitar as well. There's nothing wrong with doing that. Just make sure to totally show him up with everything you play so he cries himself to sleep every night.

And post in the EG forum next time!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Or your friend is a tool. Or he doesn't know what he's doing and he's walking out with a G-400 and an amp he bought because the sales guy said it has crushing overdrive.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Recently, I sold my old Squier to a friend who was just starting to play. Within a week, he had found a way to f*** it up completely, beyond any hope of repair. So he goes out and buys a FENDER CUSTOM SHOP STRAT.

There is no justice.
Gibson SG for $3000? I don't think so. Let's try under $1000.
And you're right. Because your friend, who happens to have less experience then you, can afford and will purchase a more expensive guitar, That rules out the possibility of their being a God/Allah/Buddah/The Force/Etc.

No.
Stop.
No one Cares.

The fact of the matter is, It won't make him a better player, So you just continue playing, Then go to his house and play his $3000 Gibson SG and show him a thing or two.
I <3 my Epi SG.

Just sayin'.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.

Playing the world's smallest violin just for you.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Playing the world's smallest violin just for you.

Get back to violin world