Is there any good pickups that are crystal clear but still have a heavy distortion, (EMP?)

I have default BC Rich Warbeast Trace pickups and can't play eruption cause the other strings vibrate too much. Or is it something else>?
your other strings are vibrating cause you're not muting them ...

just improve your playing and making the notes you want to sound, sound- and the ones you dont want to sound, muted (practise by utilizing your picking hand's sidepalm, you're fretting hand's thumb and fretting hand's fingers that arent in use).

itll take a fair bit of practice but it isnt hard to get a hold of
Last edited by jimithrash at Feb 22, 2009,
It's clearly not your pickups. You said it yourself you can't play eruption because the strings are rattling because of the vibrations. Try muting them with side of palm or something.
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
i used to have that problem until i loosened the bridge springs a little bit
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
lol the only difference between mexican and american strats are that mexican strats are made by mexicans in mexico, and american strats are made by mexicans in america...
Quote by fanboy
i used to have that problem until i loosened the bridge springs a little bit

. ... what?
Bridge springs cause unmuted strings to suddenly mute?
Practice proper muting, new pickups wont help your problem.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Last edited by KiraIBZ at Feb 22, 2009,
It 's not the muting cause i do that, i think the strings are too sensetive, (I tried it on a frinds guitar and it was fine) btw it's tuned down to Drop D too
Play on the neck pickup? Lower gain? A similar thing happens to my guitar and not my friends, but you just gotta improve your technique.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
no, if they're vibrating then you're not sufficiently muting them. EMGs will only give your strings more sensitivity.
look at the Sh-10 full shred form seymour duncan for more clarity
or an SH-11 custom custom for eruption, it's EVH ish
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene