Ok, i did use the searchbar, and this may not be the right forum (although they are technically indie rock).

This is a thread about The Faint, an Electrorock band from Omaha.

first topic being something I've always wondered: what effects do they use live? specifically on guitar.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by tyler_j
i've only heard 'The Geeks Were Right'
awesome song though

i liked fasciinatiion, but my favorite album has to be Danse Macabre. so good, look it up.

especially Agenda Suicide.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Awesome band, I heard Fulcrum and Lever and fell in love with them.
Quote by tyler_j
awesome song though

Yeah, you definitely should check out some older stuff. As a guy before said, Danse Macabre is a great place to start, or Blank Wave but more than likely youre going to youtube some songs like everyone does, so try these:
Agenda Suicide
Casual Sex
Worked Up So Sexual
Glass Dance
Quote by tyler_j
awesome song though

It only gets better from there my friend. Venture onward.
Quote by TK1
i liked fasciinatiion, but my favorite album has to be Danse Macabre. so good, look it up.

especially Agenda Suicide.

If you have to introduce someone to The Faint, I believe in my opinion, that "I Disappear" or "The Geeks were Right" would be a little softer to the ear then Agenda Suicide. All their music is good, but they let of some pretty deep messages in their music. You don't want people getting Pink Floyd Syndrome right off the bat.
Also, I have noticed that there is a major lack of tablatures in the UG library. I will do my best to find, transcribe, and add what I can, but an effort needs to be made to correct this injustice.