I just got a couple of "Blue Collar" pedals off eBay. These things don't do anything for my tone, but I'm putting my first pedalboard together and both of them were on my list of prerequisites.

I scored a new BOSS FS-5U momentary footswitch for $21.00 + $6.00 shipping. I'll be connecting this to my BOSS RC-2 "Loop Station" to use for tap tempo and for stopping loops. I've been using an old Yamaha electric piano foot pedal till now...but that would look ridiculous on a pedalboard.

I also used Buy-It-Now for a Korg Pitchblack (which came with a free patch cable). $79.95 + free shipping. This will be the first pedal in my new board. Now I can retire my trusty Korg CA-30 to my car and use it only when I visit guitar shops!

The sad part is that I didn't buy either one of the pedal in my GAS list...

"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
I think I got the same deal on my pitchblack, from rog2121. Honestly, with so many other Buy It Now sellers, and all the same price, why not go for the guy who has the free patch cable included. I also got my DC brick (another pedalboard must have) from him.

I'm working on building up a pedal board too, so how does this BOSS FS-5U work?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Yeah, I think the Korg Pitchblack is the ultimate pedal for folks (like me) who are tune-up obsessed.

My SG Classic needs regular tune-ups for the first 20-30 minutes of playing on account of its thin body. Now I won't have to hit the standby switch, unplug, plug in the CA-30, tune up, and then reverse the process. I'm sure my Tiny Terror amp will be much happier.
Quote by Ackj
I think I got the same deal on my pitchblack, from rog2121. Honestly, with so many other Buy It Now sellers, and all the same price, why not go for the guy who has the free patch cable included. I also got my DC brick (another pedalboard must have) from him.

I'm working on building up a pedal board too, so how does this BOSS FS-5U work?

Ha! Those were my thoughts exactly: "Let's see, everyone has the exact same price with free shipping. But here's a dude who is throwing in a free patch cable. He's also got a 99.6% favorable rating. Sounds good to me!"

An FS-5U switch won't do squat on its own -- in my case it works in tandem with the BOSS RC-2. Without the FS-5U, I have to set the RC-2 into tempo mode and then tap out a tempo with either my foot or my finger. Now I can do this with a dedicated pedal. And when I'm recording a loop, to tell the RC-2 to "stop", I need to stomp on the pedal twice, but it has to be timed just right. With the FS-5U, I can stomp once to stop the loop. It doesn't sound like much, but it actually makes a huge difference.

Basically, an FS-5U turns this:

...into this:

Last edited by Armchair Bronco at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by -Collapse-
Speaking of which, what is on your GAS list? =]

My bad. I've just updated my signature to reflect guitar-related junk I think I need to buy to get that elusive killer tone I've been seeking for years...