I'm planning on getting a microcube RX and I was wondering if pedals sound good going through it. I have a Digitech RP50.
well I can't try it out cause none of the stores near me have the microcube RX and I'm going to buy it online.
hahaha

anyone else have experience with this?
even with a microcube and a pedal, cause the microcube and microcube rx are pretty much the same.
I know that my microcube hates my overdrive. But I don't have any other effects to test it with.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
Epiphone G-400 1968 w/ Mean 90
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Rule of thumb:
Modeling amps like the Microcube do not take pedals well.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Hmm, I have a Cube 60 and adding more digital processing through the already digital amp modeling does not sound good, in my opinion. So I would have to say no, sorry
Quote by shadow__666
Rule of thumb:
Modeling amps like the Microcube do not take pedals well.

Exactly. You buy a MicroCube because it's small and transportable and because it already has a bunch of built-in effects and models. And because you can run it off 6 AA batteries for 20+ hours.

If you do try to use pedals with one, you need to use the amp clean.

But it's kinda like putting a turbo-charged V8 engine into a Volkswagen Bug. You just don't do that!

The MicroCube RX is just a MicroCube with slightly larger speakers (I think it's a 4x10 centimeter, right?). This amp is geared towards buskers who need a bit more oomph in the subway when they're playing for money. But have you ever seen a busker using a pedal? No, it doesn't happen.
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror