i have been playing for 2 years on an acoustic and i'm buying my first electric (les paul) and i wondered if it was easier on an electric. particularly barre chords
i think electric easier, just it sounds different, and should have lighter gauge strings than acoustic.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
classical acoustic is harder other than that....electric is easier and sounds better (my opinion)
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
the grandpas guitars...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I think he means physically, not in technique, camhuss.

I'd say acoustic, higher string gauge and often higher action.
Electric guitars are almost easier to play, cause you can always turn the volume up louder.

The action is usually better for electrics too.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Acoustic's generally have a thicker string gauge so its harder to fret then an eletric (as I've heard and experienced) and my acoustic gets in the way of playing anything above fret 14.....

I would say Acoustic is harder, and you'll enjoy your electric
Electrics are easier. Will you get better technique? Probably not. Only hard side of it... narrower fretboard, you might bump the string next to you, but who didn't do that when they learned acoustic anyways?

/thread.
Quote by joshua029
the grandpas guitars...

Anyway... physically, the acoustic guitar is harder to play. Stylistically, both are equally hard.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.