What is the advantage of having one of these like on the IBANEZ 350MDX is there even any and are they annoying to play with?
Well all pickups sound differently, so there are pros and cons to all depending on your style.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
Quote by acillatem893
Im pretty much into metal thrash and death thats about all i play.

Then you probably won't need a single coil. Some thrash bands use them but most metal players use humbuckers. They sound great for blues, classic rock, and punk. Also, they tend to have lower output than humbuckers so they sound great clean.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by acillatem893
what about with 2 humbuckers.

Well having HSH (hum single hum) is a pretty good configuration IMO because you always have the option of the single coil should you need it but for metal and thrash HH (two humbuckers) will be fine.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Well having HSH (hum single hum) is a pretty good configuration IMO because you always have the option of the single coil should you need it but for metal and thrash HH (two humbuckers) will be fine.

Agreed I use my bridge pup when I use my amp or my POD but I usually play unplugged most of the time.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
having a HSH set up where wud i set the pickup switch to get the crunchiest and most use of the disortionnn???
Quote by acillatem893
having a HSH set up where wud i set the pickup switch to get the crunchiest and most use of the disortionnn???

Bridge PUP switch all the way down on my RG
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor