I was wondering if anyone else has read this book. It's not really an instructional book. It's sort of like a martial arts discipline, approach to music/guitar. I know that probably sounds strange. But I found it very helpful.

One particular section dealing with the discipline, describes discipline as this;

"Do what has to be done, when it has to be done, as well as it can be done, and do it that way every time."

As a guitar instructor, I see students who practice some things with a lot of enthusiasm. Yet when it comes to learning say, scales. They just go through the motions.
I think reading Zen Guitar, helped me understand focus and balance. I would encourage everyone to check it out.
It's a very easy read. I'm not a big reader, and I finished it in two days.
There's my way and the wrong way.
I've got it. It's a good book.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
I've got it, it's great and that quote has pretty much revolutionised my life XD
I forgot to ask, has anyone read the sequel, "The Book of Six String"? I haven't and was wondering if its any good.
Quote by seth's daddy
I forgot to ask, has anyone read the sequel, "The Book of Six String"? I haven't and was wondering if its any good.

I haven't even heard of it, was it written by the same author?? Or are you just saying sequal because it's similar? In anycase if it's similar i'm interested to know about it.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by Mattalac
I haven't even heard of it, was it written by the same author?? Or are you just saying sequal because it's similar? In anycase if it's similar i'm interested to know about it.

Yeah, it's by the same guy.
It was nice to read while taking a poo.
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die