Page 1 of 2
I mean, it seems like everybody I know only listens to Rock or metal. Most people on UG complain about everyone liking pop music, or Jonas brothers stuff, But at my school, it seems like everyone is a metal head, and they all say that they hate pop music and don't follow trends. (But in doing that, wouldn't that be following a trend?)

Once in a while I'll play some metal on my Ipod and I feel like im just following the trend, and not listening to it because I like it.(Especially if it's an extremely well known song like 'enter sandman' 'walk' or anything by ac/dc) And I know it's not true, but sometimes I feel like someone is looking over my shoulder at my Ipod going "man, what a poser" whenever I play the song 'one' on my Ipod.(Paranoid, huh?)
I know that sounds kind of stupid, and I'm not complaining, I just want to know if anyone gets this feeling?
Well, normally I just listen to whatever the hell I want.

Whether its some Tchaikovsky, Regina Spektor or Jimi Hendrix.

I don't care if that is a trend too. I like it all and that is enough for me.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Kill me if you think I'm retarded, I'm getting into Lily allen these days.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
I used to kinda feel the same way.

I think you just gotta realize that it's just music and anyone who calls you on what you listen to is an insecure bitch.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Ohgodwhatthehellhappenedtomeidon'tevenlikethismusicijustfollowedwhatallmyfriendsweredoingholy****immoreofatrendfollowerthanthoseretardedhannahmontanafansasilaydyingsaidintheirsongthesoundoftruthifwehavechosentoliveagainstthegrainthenwhyareweallfacingthesamewayCHUGGACHUGGASQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just listen to whatever I want to listen, sometimes it's trendy music, it usually isn't I don't really care TBH.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by A Bad Guitarist
Ohgodwhatthehellhappenedtomeidon'tevenlikethismusicijustfollowedwhatallmyfriendsweredoingholy****immoreofatrendfollowerthanthoseretardedhannahmontanafansasilaydyingsaidintheirsongthesoundoftruthifwehavechosentoliveagainstthegrainthenwhyareweallfacingthesamewayCHUGGACHUGGASQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wat?
no. i think there are more artists in rock that will be relevant, 5, 10, and 20 years now than any other genre. that is nothing to be ashamed of.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Haha. No.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Why do you pay attention to humans?

Seriously be yourself, I don't care what they think about me. I like myself, and people do aswell thats all that matters.
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
wellll if you like it, then listen to it!

I mean, those songs, or even bands might not be your personal favorite, but you enjoy some tracks by them now and again. nothing wrong with that.

I have lots of different albums on my iPod. Anything from Techno, pop, classic rock, new wave,synthpop, experimental, Industrial and metal. Along with stuff everybody likes such as, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, AC/DC, etc.
Quote by A Bad Guitarist

trend follower
I couldn't care less about what people think of my musical preferences.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
I'm getting into Jazz Fusion and Contemporary British Pop.
Help people, don't get me sucked into this world.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by StopReadingThis
wat?

I tried to sum up a bit of an identity crisis I experienced a while ago. It was over by the solo.
Quote by A Bad Guitarist

oh god what the hell happened to me i dont even like this music i just followed what all my friends were doing holy **** im more of a trend follower than those retarded hannah montana fans as i lay dying said their song the sound of truth if we have chosen to live against the grain then why are we all facing the same way CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOO CHOOOO!!
Quote by radomu
Kill me if you think I'm retarded, I'm getting into Lily allen these days.

Ahaha me too....though I don't admit it out loud...

TS just listen to what you like, that's it. There's times i'll blast a pop song on the radio....and other moments where I really enjoy spacier music like Mogwai and everything in between. Doesn't matter what others think, music is there to make the listener happy and that's all that should matter.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
no "following a trend" would be listening to classical archastrahs seeing as how they've been around for like a hundred years
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I wish my school was like yours.

I listen to bands who most people I know can't pronounce their names.

I ****ing hate pop music, but most of the people in my school don't listen to my kind of music.

Long story short,
it's ridiculously hard to get a band together.

EDIT: And I will NEVER be ashamed to listen to what I listen to.

It's who I am,
and that's how everyone should feel about what they listen to.

Unless they listen to the Jonas Brothers.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Last edited by sneyob at Feb 22, 2009,
No.
I used to think I had to dress a certain way to be "allowed" to listen to certain music. Then I got out of middle school and realized the biggest posers are the ones who change their style to not be called as such. Listen to what you want. If it really bothers you so badly, which it seems it does, comfort yourself with the fact that only YOU understand it in a deeper way, TS. Then you'll be unique!
Quote by supralightning
oh god what the hell happened to me i dont even like this music i just followed what all my friends were doing holy **** im more of a trend follower than those retarded hannah montana fans as i lay dying said their song the sound of truth if we have chosen to live against the grain then why are we all facing the same way *Detuned guitar riff* *pinch harmonic*!!

That's what it was supposed to be.
Quote by sneyob
I wish my school was like yours.

I listen to bands who most people I know can't pronounce their names.

I ****ing hate pop music, but most of the people in my school don't listen to my kind of music.

Long story short,
it's ridiculously hard to get a band together.

The "bands" in my school are either worship bands or pop punk cover bands.
You never see anyone doing a simple guitar solo, not even a guitar lick.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by A Bad Guitarist
I tried to sum up a bit of an identity crisis I experienced a while ago. It was over by the solo.

Oh, I thought you were trying to make fun of me

Also, to everyone: I don't mean to sound like I'm making a big deal out of it, I just get the feeling once in a while.
Last edited by StopReadingThis at Feb 22, 2009,
Everyone at my school listens to country or rap. I'm the minority, and actually get made fun of for listening to rock music.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Everyone at my school listens to country or rap. I'm the minority, and actually get made fun of for listening to rock music.

...what?

Oh you're from Kansas, that explains it
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
I never feel ashamed. Sometimes I may feel "out-brutal-ed" for not being as kvlt, and sometimes I may feel retarded for listening to retarded music, but not ashamed.

For instance, I'm talking about KSE and my friend says "KSE makes vagina music. Listen to JFAC"

And other times, when I listen to metal around unmetal people, they're all like "wtf?" and I just say "don't ask"
I think that is cool that most people at your school likes metal or rock. There is probably 20-30 rockers in my school out of like 2,000.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
its simple, if its not metal, then it sucks lol. Just listen to what YOU want to and dont worry what any one else thinks
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by Platinum Pro
*takes deep breath*

No.

Oh for ****s sake, you really needed to do that?
Jeeez
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by The.new.guy
I suddenly have taken a liking to Power Metal...Specifically, Stratovarius. That's not exactly following a trend, now is it?

Nope, just flamingly effeminate.
Simple solution
Take a CD of your favorite songs that you can listen anywhere anytime
next time your with a group of friends and they start complaining
take the CD put it into a stereo
yell "Suck It!"
sit back and enjoy the music
Go back in time and use modern technology to make yourself out to be some kind of god or something. Enslave humanity
Good times.

Sometimes I wake up screaming. Then I find out there is a knife in my chest Its a good reason to scream
Quote by Sean-Man
its simple, if its not metal, then it sucks lol. Just listen to what YOU want to and dont worry what any one else thinks

You ONLY listen to Metal?
I'm so sorry
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by jetfuel495
And other times, when I listen to metal around unmetal people, they're all like "wtf?" and I just say "don't ask"

I tell them that I listen to their shitty music. They can listen to mine for a while now...
Page 1 of 2