I have a boss delay and mega distortion and i think for their price they arent as good as others.

Does anyone else feel that boss efect pedals are over rated?
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I think they make great stuff. Not the best, but for the money they're definately worth it.
Voodoo Lab and Fulltone are the best ones I've tried. But they're twice the price of Boss' pedals.
There's my way and the wrong way.
I think that line6 or digitech or mxr are a better buy
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Boss distortions are pretty gash (for the most part), but their delays are fairly good. I dislike the fact that Boss pedals don't have true-bypass and that is the only real flaw I see in them other than the sound.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
i have the md2 as well and it has been collecting dust for years. i think the ds2 is a brilliant distortion pedal. the bood ph3 phaser is decent for a bit of dun and i've only ever heard good things about the boss delays. they are built strong and if you choose the right one they are good. not over rated imo.
Quote by camhussynec
I have a boss delay and mega distortion and i think for their price they arent as good as others.

Does anyone else feel that boss efect pedals are over rated?

they are overrated. name any boss pedal and ehx or mxr have something better for the same price. They have crappy bypass, suffer from feedback and some are way overpriced.

However modded they can be really good, especially keeley modded. Also the delays aren't too bad the the tuner pedal is rly good, albeit a little pricey.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
they are overrated. name any boss pedal and ehx or mxr have something better for the same price. They have crappy bypass, suffer from feedback and some are way overpriced.

However modded they can be really good, especially keeley modded. Also the delays aren't too bad the the tuner pedal is rly good, albeit a little pricey.

while i agree with you that they are overpriced, i disagree that EHX and MXR have something "better" in the price range.

MXR i guess you could call "better", if you're running pedals into a solid state amp, or if it's something like a graphic EQ and you want the better quality bypass - but i feel that MXR are also overpriced (maybe this is just the uk, but seriously, MXR are considerably more expensive than boss here!). EHX on the other hand - well, they are too different to compare to boss though i agree that the quality is much higher. There's nothing in the Boss catalog that is anything like the Big Muffs, for example. Boss and EHX really is apples and oranges.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by nightraven
yeah, the dunlop/MXR is the definition of overrated imHo

all they release is EDDY VAN HAYYLN and ZACH WILD signature stuff. although the 10 band is good.

[active flame shield]

+5

And yeah, MXR does have some cool stuff too, like the vintage Commande series and stuff. Basically, the stuff that isn't Dunlop MXR.

But yeah, as nightraven said, older Boss digital rack stuff is really good, like their reverb for example.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Feb 22, 2009,