hey

so i have 2 bc rich mockingbirds...an evil edge special edition, and a mock special in white....

being a big fan of the mockingbird shape, i decided to create a ROUGH draft of a custom guitar, utilizing the UPPER half of a mockingbird mirrored over the bottom half, to create an SG style of "horns" around the neck...

keep in mind this is a very rough draft, but if all works out, i'll make a proper drawing to spec and get a shop guy i know to cut it out of wood for me, and throw on a neck and pickups and be set to go...

photo is here
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
thats going to be hard because the upper part of the body on a mockingbird comes farther up on the neck, reducing how many frets would actually be playable.
hahaha as i said just a rough draft, will be making many changes in the times to come, just thought it was a neat idea...you can reach above the 17th fret on an sg though right??
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

SGs have access to the upper frets though. That doesn't. You'd need to cut the horns further into the body.

Oh, and it doesn't look horrible. It just looks different. IMO, the body needs to be a little more rounded and smooth on the end, but that's just my opinion
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
SGs have access to the upper frets though. That doesn't. You'd need to cut the horns further into the body.

Oh, and it doesn't look horrible. It just looks different. IMO, the body needs to be a little more rounded and smooth on the end, but that's just my opinion

absolutely, i will do exactly that...as i say, neck will be accessible and all...just a rough draft
remember, i did this on windows paint haha

will let you know what i come up with
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

I'd suggest making the ass end of the guitar longer. As it is, it looks like it'd be VERY prone to neck diving.

Could be cool though
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay