Page 1 of 2
Im starting this thread for people who want to talk about their beautiful old guitars, basses, effects, or amps. Whether it be 40 years old, or a hundred. I have a kingston Viola bass thats either like 50 or 40 years old. Im pretty sure its got all original parts except for a random thumb rest on the wrong side of the bass. Unfortunately the tone pot doenst work, probably cuz i wired it myself, and the neck is rather badly warped. Other than that i love it a lot. Its beautiful and sweet sounding. And you?
Uhhhhhhh, my Jimmie vaughan strat is like two years old, does that count?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by al112987
I have a Yamaha acoustic from the '70s. Total piece.

Of ****?

I'll take it :stickpoke

I have a Harmony from teh 60's. I think 1969.
yep, POS, very uncomfortable V shaped neck, action is literally about half an inch off the board at the 12th fret. Sounds like total ass too.
^want
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270345365146
Quote by al112987
yep, POS, very uncomfortable V shaped neck, action is literally about half an inch off the board at the 12th fret. Sounds like total ass too.

Like I said, I'll take it.

Sounds good for teh slide :stickpoke.
Oh dear. The old Shaftsbury bass must date from the late sixties. I still use it for recording. The rest of my old lovelies have passed on to better players than I.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

haha don't think I wouldn't get rid of it for a new acoustic, but unfortunately the guitar has a bit of sentimental value. It was more or less a gift from a close friend of mine that used to belong to his father.

Haha and I say "gift" quite loosely, if you consider me borrowing it for an acoustic gig about 7 years ago and keeping it at my house ever since receiving a "gift." Basically I called him up a few days after the show and asked him if when he wanted it back and he goes... "dude, I don't feel like driving up there right now, just keep it." LOL
Not me, but my cousin has a classical guitar from 70s, it belonged to my uncle, who's now dead.

I want that guitar so bad, it has a beautiful sound.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

1985 Sovtek Small Stone and a 1974 Kimbara Wah

Oh...and a peek of my 86' Tele too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i has a bass and a strat from '91 and thats as old as it gets =[

still, not lacking in mojo
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
looks like im the oldest i have a 1949 Kay standup 3/4" bass it is awesome.
Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Not personally, but one of my friends has this resonator that I think is from the 30's.
My Dean is 26 years old. My Gibby is bordering on 4 methinks.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Horlicks
Not personally, but one of my friends has this resonator that I think is from the 30's.

Is it a Dobro? A National Steel? Stella?
Quote by imgooley
Is it a Dobro? A National Steel? Stella?

I have no idea, I know it isn't a National though.
I'll try and find a pic.

EDIT:

I think it's that one.
Last edited by Horlicks at Feb 22, 2009,
I have:
- Sunn Sonic I-40 from 1968
-Ampeg V4 from the mid 70's
- DOD FX80 from the 80's
- Digitech PDS 20/20 (adjusted for 20s delay) from the 80's
- MIJ Boss HM-2
- Boss RV-3 (pink label)

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by Horlicks
I have no idea, I know it isn't a National though.
I'll try and find a pic.

EDIT:

I think it's that one.

A headstock pic would help.

That's a nice duolian, though.
Quote by imgooley
A headstock pic would help.

That's a nice duolian, though.

Can't find a headstock pic.
I'll ask her to take one later.

FAKEEDIT: Or I could just ask her what the guitar is.
Quote by Horlicks
Can't find a headstock pic.
I'll ask her to take one later.

FAKEEDIT: Or I could just ask her what the guitar is.

Horlicks wins this, IMO. At least so far.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Horlicks wins this, IMO. At least so far.

*Points at your brown vibroverb sitting over there in Chi*
Quote by imgooley
*Points at your brown vibroverb sitting over there in Chi*

Edit: It's a RI, so a resonator from the 30's pwns imo...
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 22, 2009,
Here's three oldies but goodies from '64 '65 & '67 the single pick up one is exactly like my first electric and is the best for slide of all my guitars-the four pick up is a great surf guitar. Got a '70's Maestro FuzzTone that I've always hung onto-never heard a better one.
Attachments:
Super Fuzz.JPG
Maestro Fuzz.JPG
Teisco's.jpg
I have a 30s national Lap Steel
a 65 SG, a 79 strat, a 70s Guild, a 70s Morley Wah, an 80s MXR Dynacomp, an 80s boss BF-2 Flanger (MIJ!), and a 65 princeton reverb... oh and also my prized 1967 Coral Firefly (Made by Danelectro)
I've got an mid 80's Fender F200.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Phat-O-Caster
Here's three oldies but goodies from '64 '65 & '67 the single pick up one is exactly like my first electric and is the best for slide of all my guitars-the four pick up is a great surf guitar. Got a '70's Maestro FuzzTone that I've always hung onto-never heard a better one.

I want your stuff.

Seriously, are you interested in selling? :stickpoke
I've got a 1967 Super Reverb, vintage TS-808, old MXR analog Delay and a 1956 (as far as I know from family) Les Paul Custom. Yeah, the one i have has humbuckers but I think my uncle put those in when he got the thing refinished.
well, i've got an old crybaby wah made in italy that i don't know a lot about

also i find an gutiar in my wardrobe but it onli hav 4 strins?!? watz up wiv dat? newaiz it lukz old!! it sez someting lyk "rikinbakur" onn it!

(actually, i do know what it is, but i DID find it lying around in the house about 2 years before i joined the forums - it's a Rickenbacker 4001, made in february 1978)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube

also i find an gutiar in my wardrobe but it onli hav 4 strins?!? watz up wiv dat? newaiz it lukz old!! it sez someting lyk "rikinbakur" onn it!

(actually, i do know what it is, but i DID find it lying around in the house about 2 years before i joined the forums - it's a Rickenbacker 4001, made in february 1978)

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Fucking love it. I bet it sounds fantastic.
Quote by Blompcube

Sounds like it might be a JEN, post a pic with gut shots, I'll tell you about it.

vintage wahs.
Quote by Horlicks
That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. ****ing love it. I bet it sounds fantastic.

it does, but i don't get to hear it's full potential often enough - it's my dads old bass but he doesn't play it anymore so he said i could have it. unfortunately, he sold his amp years ago and i've been too distracted by guitar related GAS to be able to invest any serious money in getting a bass amp.

a bunch of idiots in the bass forum told me to sell it i bet they just wanted to see it on ebay so they could bid.

Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Sounds like it might be a JEN, post a pic with gut shots, I'll tell you about it.

vintage wahs.

yep, it's a JEN, it says on the bottom. I'll post pics if i get an opportunity to open it up.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Feb 22, 2009,

Gonna be 52 years old this summer.

Although the "ib" part has broken off now (I might just take the rest of the logo off), so it says G____l
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
My Supro I mentioned earlier, '59 1606. Hoping to get one of the 1624T variants in a month or two.

Page 1 of 2