i plan on getting an Ibanez RG4EXFM1 and i was wondering if you can put emg pickups on it and if you can can you do it without taking the middle single coil one out ???(sorry if i sound stupid i just have about next to none knowlege of this stuff)
ya
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
EMG makes single coils too.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
sounds like it'd be kinda complex putting the active EMGs in place of the humbuckers and then leaving the passive single coil in the middle but it could be done. you'd have to have a completely seperate set of knobs for the single coil im pretty sure.
Quote by mikeyElite
EMG makes single coils too.

dude i know they do but after i get the two emg humbucklers and the guitar i will have like no money at all but thanks for telling me that info
Why EMG's? Yeah, they have amazing attack but you pay for that with versatility. You get better range and a lot less complication (and cost) with good passives. Most of the hard stuff can come from a Super Distortion or X2N at the bridge and something warmer like an Air Norton or a Breed in the neck position. These are the DiMarzio models but Duncans make equivalent ones, I'm sure.
I have quite similar Guitars with EMG and passive pups, and the difference, for metal is only in loudness. The passives give just as good a tone but are better for clean and warm sounds.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by BOXTOPS
dude i know they do but after i get the two emg humbucklers and the guitar i will have like no money at all but thanks for telling me that info

Don't bother wasting your money, there's no point getting EMGs or any other aftermarket pickups if that Spider in your profile is the only amp you have.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Don't bother wasting your money, there's no point getting EMGs or any other aftermarket pickups if that Spider in your profile is the only amp you have.

i was planning on useing sombodyelse's amp for the most part but what's a good cheap amp???