http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3xeDPVtmE

I'm trying to learn the main solo to the song "Floods" by Pantera. REALLY kick ass solo (and song) but the thing is it has pinch harmonics. I have NO CLUE how to do them, will the technique he shows in the vid work (seems like a no - i doubt it will). Could someone link me to how to do them PROPERLY (vid preferred).
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
ur thumb needs to barely touch the string the moment the pick leaves the string....problem solved
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by camhussynec
ur thumb needs to barely touch the string the moment the pick leaves the string....problem solved

Yea i've been trying that for like the last 30 mins its really fukkin hard dude.

Any tips?
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Quote by KOL40
Yea i've been trying that for like the last 30 mins its really fukkin hard dude.

Any tips?

Practice for more than 30 mins. It took me a while to perfect the technique and then incorporate them into songs. Just keep at it...
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by b4t3man
Practice for more than 30 mins. It took me a while to perfect the technique and then incorporate them into songs. Just keep at it...

Lol i kno i gotta practice longer...it's hard for me cause im used to getting guitar things easy (Violin for 7 years).

I've got them sounding somewhere between terrible and decent now, i'll keep at it.

Would the volume of my amp make a difference? I mean are they easier to hit at a higher volume?
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
you will get them sound easier with your bridge pickup, and tone and volume turned up quite high on your guitar....
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
I can get them on my acoustic... I think volume will only effect it if you have a tube amp and it's cranked enough to start pushing it even further and making the signal break up easier. Otherwise, it's all technique.
Okay, thanks for all the help guys.

I think i only have a couple more questions left:

lets say im trying to hit one on the d string. While im doing it i am resting my right palm on the low E string, kinda like palm muting. Is this a bad habit to pick up, or is this right? Reason being is that the angle makes them easier to hit this way.

I forgot the second question for now, but i have a ton of practicing to get to so i'll report back later!
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Quote by KOL40
lets say im trying to hit one on the d string. While im doing it i am resting my right palm on the low E string, kinda like palm muting. Is this a bad habit to pick up, or is this right? Reason being is that the angle makes them easier to hit this way.

Someone answer this please.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Depends if you're gonna be playing a non-palm muted open E soon after the pinch harmonic. If so its a habit you don't wanna get into. If not its no big deal
UG's Prodigal Son