Love the frusc tone on his new album..for a good example, listen to the solo in "enough of me"...exactly what i want to try to nail.
gear in sig... i was thinking russian muff?

i know a lot of his tone comes from his fingers and his hundred pedal, pedal board, but humor me at least.

i'm just really into that psychedelic, saturated sound right now...

link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71LSWZr0dHA... solo atttt ~2:36

also maybe, a green boost and ts9 for my clean channel as well?
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Feb 22, 2009,
Theres a great article on Invisible Movement from a recent Guitar mag asking how he got all his tones on the album. If I'm not mistaken I think he used an English Muff'n. Which is pretty much a fuzz and overdrive unit in one.
Solo sounds slightly bitcrushed/downsampled. Some fuzz pedals do this. Kind of sounds like an MXR Blue Box too. Could be lots of different things.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Marsbe
Theres a great article on Invisible Movement from a recent Guitar mag asking how he got all his tones on the album. If I'm not mistaken I think he used an English Muff'n. Which is pretty much a fuzz and overdrive unit in one.

Which mag? Do you know the issue and volume or whatever?

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Solo sounds slightly bitcrushed/downsampled. Some fuzz pedals do this. Kind of sounds like an MXR Blue Box too. Could be lots of different things.

Which fuzz pedals do you speak of?
Last edited by tona_107 at Feb 22, 2009,
Catalinbread Heliotrope is a bitcrusher/fuzz.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
hm any other ideas?
he used an english muff'n for that solo through a fender bassman amp to get a lot fo low end.

The english muff'n is amazing, I have one and it's by far the best dirt pedal I've owned.

you can get similar stuff with a USA or Russian muff though. just tweak it for a whiel and youll find it, my guess is: lots of bass, and not too much treble, tweak mids to taste.
John said he used all the same stuff he uses in rhcp.

He also ran most of the guitar tracks into his massive huge synth and tinkered with that, im not sure what tracks he did that on, but im assuming quite a few.

English muffin is the way to go with a strat and a fender amp of some sort.
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
What guitars and amps did you use on the album?
Pretty much the same ones I use with the Chili Peppers - a Marshall Major, a Marshall Jubilee, a '62 Strat, '57 Strat. It's the first time I've ever used the same stuff I use in the band on one of my solo records. But really, that equipment is more me than any other equipment I've ever used, so I figured I'd stop playing a game and do what I do. I also used a Fender Bassman amp for the guitar.

What effects did you use?
That BOSS Turbo Distortion, Electro-Harmonix English Muffin, BOSS CHorus Ensemble, Ibanez Wah Wah pedal - again it's the same stuff I use in the band. I think a Maestro Fuzz-Rite, but I used a lot of modular synth stuff. I would put things on tape, and then run them through a modular synthesier, basically using it as an effects unit. So most of the effects aren't guitar effects - the initial guitar tones were usually made using the things I mentioned, but I did pretty extensive treatments with the modular synthesiser. I also used some really cool outboard gear for treatments as well: the EMT 250 Reverb, Plate Reverb, Eventide Primetime - old digital reverbs - the EMT 250 was one of the first digital reverbs ever made, and it figures prominently on the record.