Page 1 of 2
ok, so i have been looking for a new guitar and i have narrowed it down to:

the Dean From Hell

or

the Slash Standard Signature Epiphone

and i play both heavy metal and some bluesy stuff soo...im not sure. help me out please? it would be appreciated.
their bothe nice guitars but id go with the dean
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
No. Try to stay away from sig gear as it will usually be overly expensive for the quality you're actually getting.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
evening_crow, there both about the same price, so i know what im gettin into haha. but thanks for the advice
Go Dean.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
you have to expect to wait more than ten minits for a realistic response

and here is one

there both overpriced pretty mediocre guitars, the epi is a "slash" one which entitles it to be way more expensive than a standerd, when your not really getting all that much for your money

deans generally just suck, crap build, pickups, floyds.. they just look cool

what you really should do, and this is my best advice

GO TO A GUITAR SHOP AND TRY FOR YOURSELF

we cant tell you what you will and wont like, try a variety of guitars, you could be pleasently suprised

UG cant make this decision for you.
hey man, thanks. ill remember that. for now, i just want to see what people out there think so ill keep this thread goin. but yeah i get your point
if that version of the dean has a dimebucker, its much better for metal. and the floyd rose should be pretty good too if thats the case. but since you're comparing it to an epiphone, im assuming you are looking at the cheaper version. in which case i would say take the les paul
Quote by Shredder6
your noobishness impresses me
Quote by nickwuzhere
evening_crow, there both about the same price, so i know what im gettin into haha. but thanks for the advice

Quote by lefthandman9876
you have to expect to wait more than ten minits for a realistic response

and here is one

there both overpriced pretty mediocre guitars, the epi is a "slash" one which entitles it to be way more expensive than a standerd, when your not really getting all that much for your money

deans generally just suck, crap build, pickups, floyds.. they just look cool

what you really should do, and this is my best advice

GO TO A GUITAR SHOP AND TRY FOR YOURSELF

we cant tell you what you will and wont like, try a variety of guitars, you could be pleasently suprised

UG cant make this decision for you.

Still sure about what you're getting into? And i'm not comparing their quality to each other, but to other guitars in that price range. If this won't change your mind then i'll vote lp.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
*reported* for being a n00b and not reading the rules.

Seriously, is this your first guitar purchase?
*reported*
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by imgooley
*reported* for being a n00b and not reading the rules.

Seriously, is this your first guitar purchase?

*reported* for being a pissed off dumbass and not doing something else with his time then go on peoples threads just to bag on them.

Seriously, are you that desperate for attention?
Quote by nickwuzhere
*reported* for being a pissed off dumbass and not doing something else with his time then go on peoples threads just to bag on them.

Posting 8 times in 6 minutes bumping your thread is something you can get banned for. And seeing as you posted that often, you're clearly the one desperate for attention. He did nothing wrong, you're the one multi-posting.

As for the guitar, Deans arent that great and the Epi is overpriced because of Slash's name on the headstock. I'd get the Epi if i had to choose between those 2. Look at the Epiphone Prophesy line though, they're better.
Neither of them.

Out of the two, the Epi is a better guitar, but I don't think the pickups sound great unless you've got a really nice amp to play it through.

However, if you just got a nice Epi Les Paul, perhaps an elitist, you'd have a MUCH nicer guitar for the money. Signature guitars are very seldom worth the money.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by nickwuzhere

Hi, you must be new around here, in which case THIS is for you.

Also, before you start talking ****, try identifying with whom you speak.
Quote by evening_crow
No. Try to stay away from sig gear as it will usually be overly expensive for the quality you're actually getting.

Dean from Hell at least doesn't have DIME written on the headstock, like some of the other ones he's associated with, but it is overpriced, yeah.
Honestly for the price I'd say an EC-1000.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Horlicks
I'd suggest you get the Dean From Hell. But that's because I don't like you.

Actually, yeah. this.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Epi is over priced and the dean is just playing crap. I'm going to agree with the guy who said EC-1000 earlier or go with a used Ibanez Perstige
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Page 1 of 2