hey lads, so i been playing guitar coming up on 4 years... i feel like im stuck now because of my lack of theory knowledge! i want to know as much as possible as im a semi pro muso now. i just don't know where to start with the theory :S

i don't want a teacher i just want to learn it all myself, i don't really know any scales or anything lol. i just manage to write catchy songs haha
i got all my music theory knowledge playing the saxophone in school and private jazz lessons, as well as guitar lessons and piano lessons as a child. Luckily everyone in my family is uber talented in music

take a class ffs
Start with learning scales and chords, and the circle of 5ths. That should be a year's worth of practice right there, if you want to get serious. There are thousands of resources online. Google is your friend.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by sk8ordie97
i got all my music theory knowledge playing the saxophone in school and private jazz lessons, as well as guitar lessons and piano lessons as a child. Luckily everyone in my family is uber talented in music

take a class ffs

started on Alto Sax, i begged for it....my sister had a Flute and my folks at first were trying to make me play flute...
why not start with the theory forum!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish