Hey guys,

I would like some advice on what to choose between these 2 options . I play the guitar for about 2 years but i didn't have to buy some more professional effects until now. I asked around some friends and people , tried out some pedals , multi-effects processors and concluded that I like line6 products the most but I still can't decide if to buy a Line6 PodXT + a midi controller ( in this case a behringer fcb 1010 since it's not expensive ) or to buy a Line6 PodXT live. I have to mention that I tried out only the PodXT but without a controller.

Thanks in advance,
Pete
Get the PodXT with an Midicontroller. Or better, get the G-Major with a Midicontroller just joking
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
I like my XT Live.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by tracker297
Hey guys,

I would like some advice on what to choose between these 2 options . I play the guitar for about 2 years but i didn't have to buy some more professional effects until now. I asked around some friends and people , tried out some pedals , multi-effects processors and concluded that I like line6 products the most but I still can't decide if to buy a Line6 PodXT + a midi controller ( in this case a behringer fcb 1010 since it's not expensive ) or to buy a Line6 PodXT live. I have to mention that I tried out only the PodXT but without a controller.

Thanks in advance,
Pete

just get the XT Live. Behringer products are inexpensive for a reason.

and the G-Sharp has no amp modeling.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
i'd get the XT live. one reason for this is that if you get a controller for the pod (besides a line 6 shortboard/FBV) you wont be able to turn on and off effects like delay and distortion and chorus and whatnot, you will only be able to switch patches. on an XT live, not only will you be able to turn off individual effects, you will get the FX junkie pack installed, which gives pretty good extra effects and would be an extra 50 bucks on a regular XT (assuming line 6 isn't have any of their crazy offers on expansion packs).

tl;dr: so unless you have enough money for a line 6 shortboard and some model packs, the XT live is usually more bang for your buck
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i'd get the XT live. one reason for this is that if you get a controller for the pod (besides a line 6 shortboard/FBV) you wont be able to turn on and off effects like delay and distortion and chorus and whatnot, you will only be able to switch patches. on an XT live, not only will you be able to turn off individual effects, you will get the FX junkie pack installed, which gives pretty good extra effects and would be an extra 50 bucks on a regular XT (assuming line 6 isn't have any of their crazy offers on expansion packs).

tl;dr: so unless you have enough money for a line 6 shortboard and some model packs, the XT live is usually more bang for your buck

Exactly.

Xt Live.

Because you can turn effects on and off within patches. So I can have 3 sounds for one song in one patch and just, turn off the OD for a while, turn on the chorus, whatever. Instead of switching between 3 different patches.

ALSO the XT live is build like a tank. My sister dropped mine down the stairs for god sakes. There is no visible evidence of damage on it. And I stomp it HARD while I'm playing. ESPECIALLY the wah.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190

ALSO the XT live is build like a tank. My sister dropped mine down the stairs for god sakes. There is no visible evidence of damage on it. And I stomp it HARD while I'm playing. ESPECIALLY the wah.

+1000
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.